Hoole Road, Woodchurch

Eton Drive, Thornton Hough

Princes Avenue, Eastham

Greenfields Avenue, Bromborough

Linkside, Heswall

Wednesday, June 6

Blackhorse Close, West Kirby
Posted By: saltytom Re: jubilee street parties - 25th May 2012 6:32am
I am unsure as to your reason for making this list public, as an organiser of one of the above we do not want more people 1, for insurance reasons 2, Most are by invite only to the people living on the roads. 3, It is not afreebee every attendee paid.
We do not want gate crashers
Posted By: TeamAJ Re: jubilee street parties - 25th May 2012 7:54am
I doubt very much that the purpose of the post was for those who are not having a street party to select one from the list to 'gate crash'

I should imagine the post was for info only and to make people aware of road blocks. FYI you might want to let the Wirral Globe know that you don't wish for any gate crashers seeing as it was them that made it public in the first place!
http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/9...elebrate_Queen_s_Diamond_Jubilee/?ref=nt
Posted By: ex0__ Re: jubilee street parties - 25th May 2012 8:22am
You got insurance for a street party?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: jubilee street parties - 25th May 2012 8:35am
dont be misreable exo. max
Posted By: dave_h Re: jubilee street parties - 25th May 2012 8:40am
Originally Posted by ex0__
You got insurance for a street party?

you can go poke insurance lol
Posted By: TeamAJ Re: jubilee street parties - 25th May 2012 8:44am
I for one would never dream of attending a street party that I hadn't been invited to. We are not lucky enough to be having one unfortunately but it would be nice to know where they are locally so we could drive by and let my daughter see all the decs and bunting etc.

Be sure to let us know which one yours is and we'll give it a wide berth!
Posted By: Wench Re: jubilee street parties - 25th May 2012 10:35am
Exo is correct in questioning about insurance, nothing to do with being miserable!

If you are the organiser of a street party, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have adequate insurance cover for the event. For a street party, you will need to look at your own individual household insurance to check that it includes public liability in your policy. Most policies do. If not, you will need to take out a policy. There's quite a few companies that do them. Then there's the road closure application if you want your road closed off and it's used for through traffic, which I don't think you can get until you have consent from the Council for the event. Generally as a rule, it's a minimum of 6 weeks' notice.

You may also need a licence if you intend to have alcohol that isn't free (i.e. to sell to those attending) and music (live or pre-recorded). Music must be off by 2300 too.

I know it's boring, but always best to be safe than sorry. Kudos to those organising one as it's a lot to do behind the scenes with all the paperwork, applications etc happy
Posted By: Anonymous Re: jubilee street parties - 25th May 2012 11:03am
wench. 2 words. boring and misreable. max
Posted By: dave_h Re: jubilee street parties - 25th May 2012 11:08am
heres another 2... insurance + poke
Posted By: dave_h Re: jubilee street parties - 25th May 2012 11:08am
Originally Posted by Wench
Exo is correct in questioning about insurance, nothing to do with being miserable!

If you are the organiser of a street party, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have adequate insurance cover for the event. For a street party, you will need to look at your own individual household insurance to check that it includes public liability in your policy. Most policies do. If not, you will need to take out a policy. There's quite a few companies that do them. Then there's the road closure application if you want your road closed off and it's used for through traffic, which I don't think you can get until you have consent from the Council for the event. Generally as a rule, it's a minimum of 6 weeks' notice.

You may also need a licence if you intend to have alcohol that isn't free (i.e. to sell to those attending) and music (live or pre-recorded). Music must be off by 2300 too.

I know it's boring, but always best to be safe than sorry. Kudos to those organising one as it's a lot to do behind the scenes with all the paperwork, applications etc happy

wench - off topic, did you do the help our wonded walk?
Posted By: dave_h Re: jubilee street parties - 25th May 2012 11:09am
*wounded
Posted By: Spritey_Nikki Re: jubilee street parties - 25th May 2012 11:11am
I'm mift that my street is in the list however probably like most streets in the UK the people on my street have 'street parties' everyday/night....so this wont be much different!
Posted By: lauralou2 Re: jubilee street parties - 25th May 2012 11:54am
Originally Posted by saltytom
I am unsure as to your reason for making this list public, as an organiser of one of the above we do not want more people 1, for insurance reasons 2, Most are by invite only to the people living on the roads. 3, It is not afreebee every attendee paid.
awww but ive told 300 of my friends that your road said anyone can come the more the merrier salty!
Posted By: dave_h Re: jubilee street parties - 25th May 2012 12:11pm
Originally Posted by lauralou2
awww but ive told 300 of my friends that your road said anyone can come the more the merrier salty!

HAHAHAHAHAHA
Posted By: dave_h Re: jubilee street parties - 25th May 2012 12:11pm

which ones his road?
Posted By: lauralou2 Re: jubilee street parties - 25th May 2012 12:31pm
Originally Posted by dave_h

which ones his road?
haha if i told you id have to kill you muhahaha
Posted By: lauralou2 Re: jubilee street parties - 25th May 2012 12:36pm
saltytoms road will be the only road with doormen on it haha its sposed to be a celebration for the whole country ya know a time to SHARE some of the few good things this place still has left to offer!!!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: jubilee street parties - 25th May 2012 12:39pm
The Big Lunch is the Jubilee weekend, this year.
Posted By: ex0__ Re: jubilee street parties - 25th May 2012 12:51pm
Originally Posted by Spritey_Nikki
like most streets in the UK the people on my street have 'street parties' everyday/night....

Sure they do. *rollseyes*
Posted By: dave_h Re: jubilee street parties - 25th May 2012 12:59pm

[/quote] haha if i told you id have to kill you muhahaha [/quote]

if you can catch me
Posted By: Jinxi Re: jubilee street parties - 25th May 2012 11:29pm
There are a few more i know off too not on the list :-)
Posted By: Wench Re: jubilee street parties - 25th May 2012 11:38pm
Originally Posted by Max1967

I don't make the rules so don't shoot the messenger eh thumbsdown I'm neither boring nor miserable smile
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: jubilee street parties - 26th May 2012 9:26am
I have been roped into helping at one of the parties on the list. I don't want to but its not worth the hassle for not doing it. The street has had 2 street parties over the past couple of years. The council shuts the road in the morning and opens it again at 5pm. No hassle, no clip board carrying jobs worths, everyone has a good day. I dont know all the leagalities but the women who orginises them is not stupid.
Posted By: ex0__ Re: jubilee street parties - 26th May 2012 10:54am

I don't make the rules so don't shoot the messenger eh thumbsdown I'm neither boring nor miserable smile

Presumably he's referring to me, he's made a habit of stalking my posts. It's quite sweet really.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: jubilee street parties - 26th May 2012 11:44am

Presumably he's referring to me, he's made a habit of stalking my posts. It's quite sweet really.

I may be losing the plot (quiet at the back!), but I think "he" is a "she" - looking Max1967's profile.
Posted By: dave_h Re: jubilee street parties - 26th May 2012 11:52am
Originally Posted by Pinzgauer

I may be losing the plot (quiet at the back!), but I think "he" is a "she" - looking Max1967's profile. [/quote]

i think thats why hes a little excited lol
Posted By: ex0__ Re: jubilee street parties - 26th May 2012 12:04pm
I thought s/he had referred to themseves as a guy at some point. May have been someone else.
Posted By: dave_h Re: jubilee street parties - 26th May 2012 12:05pm
Max1967, are you f or m, cheers!
Posted By: reddragon Re: jubilee street parties - 26th May 2012 6:41pm
offtopic offtopic offtopic
Posted By: dave_h Re: jubilee street parties - 26th May 2012 6:46pm
Originally Posted by reddragon
offtopic offtopic offtopic

naughty me... my apologies!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: jubilee street parties - 27th May 2012 6:22pm
just back after weekend in belfast. oh yes last time i checked i was female for sure. got heated on here i see. lol max
Posted By: dave_h Re: jubilee street parties - 27th May 2012 6:26pm
just back after weekend in belfast. oh yes last time i checked i was female for sure. got heated on here i see. lol max

somethings out of context lol
Posted By: Anonymous Re: jubilee street parties - 27th May 2012 8:59pm
sorry dave i never made sense, its just that i was referring to exo thinking i was male, a couple of posts back. also that he thinks i may be a little sweet on him. lol, MAXINE
Posted By: Salmon Re: jubilee street parties - 27th May 2012 9:15pm
Haha Maxine we don't know if exO is male or female
Posted By: granny Re: jubilee street parties - 27th May 2012 9:54pm
Originally Posted by Salmon
Haha Maxine we don't know if exO is male or female

God love him, Ex0 is a myth, didn't you know?

But I like myth's because they keep me interested.

God Save Our Queen
Posted By: littlestan Re: jubilee street parties - 27th May 2012 10:57pm
Many more parties are being held than the " Street Parties " list shows.
Oxton Society are having one in the Arno , in conjunction with Friends of the Arno.
Churches of Bebington area are organising one in Mayer Park on Sat.2nd June.
Methodist Church in Prenton has one in Car Park and own grounds.
Trinity with Palm Grove in Alton Road , Oxton is doing the same .
Churches of Rock Ferry & Tranmere are having one in Victoria Park at the
bottom end of Albany Road -that is the next weekend . The village in Lower
Bebington is decked out with bunting and Union Flags . Is it the same in your
part of the Wirral ? Most pubs are jumping on the band-wagon . It is building up
to a whole week or two of celebrations . What happened to the recession ??
Posted By: bert1 Re: jubilee street parties - 28th May 2012 6:34am
I often ponder why I have no enthusiasm for celebrations of this kind, I think to myself, could it be that people are losing their jobs and homes on a daily basis, services we once enjoyed are being cut with more people losing their jobs, surely not. Then I look on the bright side, when I get that knock on the door asking if I can contribute to War on want, Oxfam and Save the Children I can unashamedly look them in the eye and tell them to fook off I've got a Queens jubilee to pay for.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: jubilee street parties - 28th May 2012 7:20am
sorry dave i never made sense, its just that i was referring to exo thinking i was male, a couple of posts back. also that he thinks i may be a little sweet on him. lol, MAXINE

LOL, it's a cracker laugh

clap
Posted By: Anonymous Re: jubilee street parties - 28th May 2012 9:52am
looks like exo has took to the ground and your right the myth he or she is. expose yourself exo. and bert dont take it so personnel that its coming from your pocket only. lets party max
Posted By: ex0__ Re: jubilee street parties - 28th May 2012 10:02am
expose yourself exo.

Would you like to rephrase that? smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: jubilee street parties - 28th May 2012 10:17am
yes very good, lol, reveal i think it should have been. max
Posted By: granny Re: jubilee street parties - 28th May 2012 10:58am
Originally Posted by bert1
I often ponder why I have no enthusiasm for celebrations of this kind, I think to myself, could it be that people are losing their jobs and homes on a daily basis, services we once enjoyed are being cut with more people losing their jobs, surely not. Then I look on the bright side, when I get that knock on the door asking if I can contribute to War on want, Oxfam and Save the Children I can unashamedly look them in the eye and tell them to fook off I've got a Queens jubilee to pay for.

raftl
Sometimes we do have to party to keep our sanity, Bert. It would be interesting to find out how many party-goers actually support the Monarchy. Maybe you could get involved with your clip board?

I'm off to Buckingham Palace to look for Touchstone before he causes trouble.

Attached picture PXF7X6CA77HHE3CAKFDYGXCAJDSXRRCAZX2BKUCA2ZZFQYCA2667K6CADEJPEVCAWV6IVWCA9S5F18CAFELLQDCAHK21MRCAN0XYCOCAYD4B3CCAOWZP6UCA5YTERWCA9JI9K2CALSJRW0CATQ8R32.jpg
Attached picture uk74.gif
Posted By: bert1 Re: jubilee street parties - 28th May 2012 12:16pm
Granny, it would be more interesting to ask with clip board in hand, Why are people Monarchists and what useful role do they think they play?

The stock answer of, Their good for tourism is not allowed, bear in mind, so are baby Pandas.
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: jubilee street parties - 28th May 2012 2:12pm
just so glad our road isnt having one ! but there again its full of old codgers and very few kids yipee
Posted By: granny Re: jubilee street parties - 28th May 2012 3:57pm
Granny, it would be more interesting to ask with clip board in hand, Why are people Monarchists and what useful role do they think they play?

The stock answer of, Their good for tourism is not allowed, bear in mind, so are baby Pandas.

Yes Bert, yes Bert. Do you really want me to list them all here? One main opinion is that it's a darn site better option than the corrupt politicians who have been leading the country for so long. Tony Blair as President and Gordon Brown as his Prime Minister? :r:I don't think so? Who would you like to see as President Bert there aren't any Statesmen any longer, maybe a watered down version of Ken Clarke might suit or even David Cameron? There again how about Ken Livingston or Boris? raftl In fact you'd probably find it would be some official hiked in from Europe whom we had never heard of.What can you see as the benefits of being without a Monarchy Bert?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: jubilee street parties - 28th May 2012 3:57pm
granny i do like your uni-heart. later iam going to try and get myself something, got to work out how to do it first. max
Posted By: bert1 Re: jubilee street parties - 28th May 2012 4:20pm
Granny, if this country ever did end up with a President Blair, Cameron or Boris, at least the country would have elected them and of course through the democratic system, dispose of them, I've never had that option were monarchs are concerned no matter how displeasing they might be in the future.
Posted By: granny Re: jubilee street parties - 28th May 2012 4:23pm
granny i do like your uni-heart. later iam going to try and get myself something, got to work out how to do it first. max

Thanks Max. Some ideas for you!

ex0 new avatar 'the appearances of things are deceptive' (Latin)

Illuminati new avatar 'enlightened' hmmmmm! (More Latin)

The movement was founded on May 1, 1776, in Ingolstadt (Upper Bavaria) as the Order of the Illuminati, with an initial membership of five,[1] by Jesuit-taught Adam Weishaupt (d. 1830),[2] who was the first lay professor of canon law at the University of Ingolstadt.[3] It was made up of freethinkers as an offshoot of the Enlightenment and seems to have been modeled on the Freemasons.[4] The Illuminati's members took a vow of secrecy and pledged obedience to their superiors. Members were divided into three main classes, each with several degrees, and many Illuminati chapters drew membership from existing Masonic lodges.(Wikipedia)

All very interesting, obviously connected to a reliious movement.

Sorry a bit off topic here. Probably get struck off again.
Posted By: granny Re: jubilee street parties - 28th May 2012 4:40pm
Granny, if this country ever did end up with a President Blair, Cameron or Boris, at least the country would have elected them and of course through the democratic system, dispose of them, I've never had that option were monarchs are concerned no matter how displeasing they might be in the future.

Yes, know what you're saying Bert, but that would then mean no stability for us as a nation of people. So many others in this world would love our Monarchy and traditions. If it changed, I think so many more things would too, and to our detriment. Just my opinion, taken from examples world wide over the last century at least. I do think this anti Monarchist traite is far more prevelant in the North West and North East, than anywhere else in the country, so I'm not too bothered. Will enjoy all the support that our Queen gets down in London and other places throughout the UK.
Posted By: dave_h Re: jubilee street parties - 28th May 2012 6:18pm

are you? hahahaha lol
Posted By: dave_h Re: jubilee street parties - 28th May 2012 6:20pm
expose yourself exo.

Would you like to rephrase that? smile

be adventurous lol
Posted By: Anonymous Re: jubilee street parties - 28th May 2012 6:22pm
oh hell, never realised you could get struck off, need to re read some things. i was saying nothing about exo's change, hes a man of mystery dont you think. max lol
Posted By: Chris_Peacock Re: jubilee street parties - 29th May 2012 4:48am
oh hell, never realised you could get struck off, need to re read some things. i was saying nothing about exo's change, hes a troll dont you think. max lol

Ahem.
Posted By: granny Re: jubilee street parties - 29th May 2012 3:10pm
Have you changed Max's post Chris. It didn't say that originally??
Posted By: Anonymous Re: jubilee street parties - 29th May 2012 4:02pm
chris, was also wondering why you changed my post. max
Posted By: Chris_Peacock Re: jubilee street parties - 29th May 2012 4:04pm
It's called humour.
Posted By: granny Re: jubilee street parties - 29th May 2012 4:12pm
Originally Posted by Chris_Peacock
It's called humour.

Not too funny Chris, as that could cause trouble for Max from other folk who didn't see her original post. Consider your knuckles rapped by Granny!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: jubilee street parties - 29th May 2012 4:30pm
well, i would thankyou not to do it again chris. max
Posted By: Chris_Peacock Re: jubilee street parties - 29th May 2012 4:32pm
well, i fancy you rotten chris. max

OK, you have my word.
Posted By: dave_h Re: jubilee street parties - 29th May 2012 4:32pm
well, i would thankyou not to do it again chris. max

oh dear
Posted By: Touchstone Re: jubilee street parties - 4th Jun 2012 6:24pm
Originally Posted by granny

I'm off to Buckingham Palace to look for Touchstone before he causes trouble.

I was going to stay off this thread but couldn't resist it. The BBC seems to be sinking to new levels of sycophantic reporting regarding the Jubilee. It's totally abdicating its responsibilities as an impartial broadcaster. It's ironic that the Duke of Edinburgh thought that the BBC was a den of Marxists. Actually, it's so far up the Queen's backside it can see Cliff Richard's feet.

This letter in today's Morning Star sums up my opinion of the Monarchy and this whole Jubilee charade.

The media's coverage of the diamond jubilee reveals how the monarchy is sustained by propaganda and emotion rather than reason.

A cringe worthy deference exaggerates the Queen's "service." We hear of her incredible stamina, remarkable devotion and value to the nation without any evidence.

My grandfather provided a service that was faithfully carried out as he mined coal.

He showed an incredible stamina and remarkable enthusiasm by entering a dangerous, claustrophobic, dust-filled environment, day after day for over 50 years. Even in the bloody aftermath of roof falls he returned to do his duty.

After 50 years his "superiors" symbolised his accomplishments with a carriage clock and the knowledge that his family and friends were the "enemy within."

The Thatcher government proceeded to destroy his hard-earned heritage and tear the soul from the community.

For decades, my grandfather and millions like him have created the wealth and success that supported the monarchy and Establishment.

It would have been more appropriate and cheaper to present the lady with a carriage clock forged from all the symbols of British industry and dedicate the jubilee to the labour done by Britain's unseen workers.

In doing so, we may have been spared cringe-worthy column-writing while gaining some history lessons. Surely of more value in our current crisis than any abstract "feel-good factor."
© Wirral-Wikiwirral