Forums
Posted By: paxvobiscum Rolf Harris- Walker Art Gallery to 12/08/12 - 24th May 2012 7:42pm
19 May 2012 - 12 August 2012
‘Rolf Harris: Can you tell what it is yet?’ is a major retrospective of legendary artist, musician and TV personality, Rolf Harris.

It features an eclectic range of paintings, memorabilia and much more from the UK’s best selling published artist and well loved entertainer.

The original works on display range from Rolf’s early days as a student to paintings he created at lightning speed in front of a TV camera.

The exhibition also includes some of his most impressive and well known pieces, such as his iconic portrait of Her Majesty The Queen. There will also be self-portraits, portraits, paintings of wildlife, urban and rural landscapes and studies of people and everyday life from home and abroad on display.

The range of subjects reflects the wide range of experiences and locations that Rolf has encountered in his personal life and his long and illustrious career.

Above info from Merseyside Museums website.

I went today thinking I would be about an hour but I spent 2.5hrs as there is so much to see and hear. Apart from the paintings the audio visual displays are so good.
There are also plenty of free family events during the summer.
It is one of the best exhibitions I have seen at the Walker, and my friends are all raving about it

Thanks for that, I'm off work tomorrow so definitely getting down there. Rolf has been one of my heros since I was a kid.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rolf Harris- Walker Art Gallery to 12/08/12 - 24th May 2012 8:42pm
rolf is a star came over here with nowt and made him self famous at least he got of his arse well in rolf you get my vote
Posted By: dave_h Re: Rolf Harris- Walker Art Gallery to 12/08/12 - 24th May 2012 8:44pm
Originally Posted by specialboy
Thanks for that, I'm off work tomorrow so definitely getting down there. Rolf has been one of my heros since I was a kid.

my dad used to sing that 2 little boys song when i was a bambino, used to make me cry that his horse was broke...legend!
Posted By: Nienna Re: Rolf Harris- Walker Art Gallery to 12/08/12 - 25th May 2012 9:22am
We went to the exhibition the other day.. it is brilliant.. we really enjoyed it.

One tip... maybe go early as it was very very busy when we got there and that was only an hour and a half after opening.

But Rolf is a talented artist and reading about his thoughts on why, who, and where he chose for his compositions made for interesting reading.

His use of varying techniques shows he is very versatile with a glorious imagination!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral