Forums
Posted By: SpinADisc Fun Fair (all rides £1) atTranmere Rovers FC - 11th May 2012 5:22pm
See there is a fair on at Tranmere, with all rides £1 if you buy a £2 wristband
Don't like travelling fairs, don't think there safe and wouldn't let my children on them.
Is that just an age old myth or is it actually true?.
It's true.
I disagree as to me a travelling fairs rides are better checked than a permanent one ie Pepesi Max because they are assembled and dismantled regulary so easier to check for any faults
Wouldnt trust them, not for me. Unsafe.
each to their own
Is there any evidence to say they are more dangerous other than 'because I said so'.
Just my opinion, wouldn't trust them, wouldn't feel safe. Too rickety.
Posted By: Schuu Re: Fun Fair (all rides £1) atTranmere Rovers FC - 11th May 2012 9:19pm
Id happily go on them, but I think my bums too big for the seats now tease
Originally Posted by The_Frog
Just my opinion, wouldn't trust them, wouldn't feel safe. Too rickety.

Sorry to disapoint on this, but depends on the fairground group!
Is this a Wilki fair?
Think they were in Llandudno last weekend. If its Wilkis they are very safe, they are old rides (new cost a fortune!) but well maintained. When in the area I do the hydraulic maintenance on them, he doesnt cut cornere....Repair or Replace, always Replacement part if available. They cant afford any downtimes or misshaps, especially with the authorities checking everything now due to past failiures in the trade.
I wouldnt go on them coz im too old and never been my thing, but had to repair and ride the Centrofugal Wheel last time and I poo`d it!!!!
Originally Posted by reddragon
I disagree as to me a travelling fairs rides are better checked than a permanent one ie Pepesi Max because they are assembled and dismantled regulary so easier to check for any faults

I think its the fact that the very ground these things sit on hasn't been load tested or tested in anyway to make sure its suitable to use. These things are very well made but they are only as good as the grond they sit on.
This fair is operated by the people who run the fair beside the arcades at New Brighton!

http://www.adips.co.uk/ the Amusement device inspection scheme, to learn more about how these rides are tested.

All rides are insured for at least £10 million pounds in public liablity insurance.

Fact is you are more likely to have an accident in a car or crossing the road.

Whatever you thoughts there were plenty of people packing the fair Saturday afternoon.

Wallis's Amusements Facebook ( Photo's of Tranmere funfair)
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Fun Fair (all rides £1) atTranmere Rovers FC - 12th May 2012 5:19pm
Originally Posted by SpinADisc
This fair is operated by the people who run the fair beside the arcades at New Brighton!

Fact is you are more likely to have an accident in a car or crossing the road.

How dare you bring logic, reason and statistics/proof into a thread like this. He doesn't trust them. Unsafe. The world is ending. Stay indoors, might get hit by lightning. etc.
Originally Posted by Sanchez
Originally Posted by reddragon

I think its the fact that the very ground these things sit on hasn't been load tested or tested in anyway to make sure its suitable to use. These things are very well made but they are only as good as the grond they sit on.

Well said sanchez, logic at last. They just can't be trusted.
Posted By: jaki1 Re: Fun Fair (all rides £1) atTranmere Rovers FC - 13th May 2012 8:35am
i went yesterday with my daughter and 3 year old grandaughter.
brilliant day out.

we are all still alive to tell the tale. phewww!
Was your 3 year old grandaughter allowed on all them scary rides? Lol
Glad you had a good day jaki1
For anyone going by Car, be aware the Mersey Clipper are charging £3 a car to park on their car park (nothing to do with the fair)

Free parking for the fair is available on the Tranmere Rovers Club Car Park.

although i parked on Borough Road
Wow so now if the rides dont fall to peices then the ground will open up and swallow you!. Well done you brave souls who went there and had a dam good time.
I was too scared to go and instead spent the afternoon exploring an abandoned slate mine in Wales.
Posted By: rach87 Re: Fun Fair (all rides £1) atTranmere Rovers FC - 13th May 2012 10:13am
is it all set up now? does anyone what time it opens?
Posted By: jaki1 Re: Fun Fair (all rides £1) atTranmere Rovers FC - 13th May 2012 12:26pm
Originally Posted by rach87
is it all set up now? does anyone what time it opens?

opens at 2pm today rach.

last day today.
Posted By: jaki1 Re: Fun Fair (all rides £1) atTranmere Rovers FC - 13th May 2012 12:29pm
Originally Posted by The_Frog
Was your 3 year old grandaughter allowed on all them scary rides? Lol
Glad you had a good day jaki1

haha frog, no she only went on the little kiddy rides, but i went on the big kids rides lol.

all good fun.
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Fun Fair (all rides £1) atTranmere Rovers FC - 13th May 2012 12:46pm
Go to this every year

Not as good
As years ago tho but still a fun day out
Posted By: tubby Re: Fun Fair (all rides £1) atTranmere Rovers FC - 13th May 2012 1:54pm
What time does it finish today?
it shut at around 9pm last night, not sure if it will be as late tonight
Posted By: rach87 Re: Fun Fair (all rides £1) atTranmere Rovers FC - 13th May 2012 6:07pm
Thanks, had a lovely day out with the kids, does it happen every year?
good to read everyone who went to the fair at Tranmere enjoyed themselves
© Wirral-Wikiwirral