Forums
Posted By: Archaeo Council for British Archaeology NW Conference - 20th Apr 2012 7:00am
Hi Chaps, this is cut from Birkenhead News, will be a sell-out.

Region’s top archaeologists descend on Bromborough

Wirral will be the focus of some of the North West’s top archaeologists next month when the Council for British Archaeology holds its North West spring conference in the historic village of Bromborough on Saturday 12th May.
Entitled ‘Insight into the Wirral’ – conference presenters will be covering some exciting new research into the region’s past.

Speakers include David Griffiths and Dean Paton from the University of Oxford, Rob Philpott from National Museums Liverpool and Frances McIntosh from the University of Newcastle.

Wirral-based Christine Longworth and Roy Forshaw will share their research into the archaeology of Hilbre Island before David Griffiths discusses Wirral’s Anglo-Saxon and Viking history. Frances McIntosh will be discussing the unique Wirral-style of Roman Brooch before Rob Philpott delves into the origins of Meols, one of the most exciting yet puzzling archaeological sites in the North West.

Dean Paton will be sharing some new research into Thingwall and Bromborough, exploring the Anglo-Saxon origins of both townships.

Dean said “Wirral is home to some incredible yet often ephemeral archaeology. It’s fantastic for a CBA conference to be brought to Wirral – an area that is slowly beginning to reveal new secrets through quality, long-term academic research. This conference is a testament to that work and a must for local history enthusiasts to attend.”

The conference is open to members of the public and is being held at St Barnabas Village Centre, Bromborough. Booking details can be found on the website of the Council for British Archaeology (NW) - www.britarch.ac.uk/cbanw
That sounds sooo tempting... I'd be there like a shot, but unfortunately it clashes with my father's 85th birthday celebrations! No chance. Heigh ho...
I have tried to use the link given but cannot find anything at all about this event.
Been thro the C.B.A. Website with a fine tooth comb but still can,t find anything.
Can you help any further please with contact name or phone no.?
It's on the link above, on the 'meetings' section, includes a booking form and programme:

www.britarch.ac.uk/cbanw/CBANW_meetings_intro.html
© Wirral-Wikiwirral