Forums
Posted By: paxvobiscum Sea Odyssey-Giants Spectacular-Liverpool - 12th Apr 2012 9:51am
20th-22 April-Full details of route/video on Website www.giantspectacular.com/

Would imagine difficult to travel on buses or parking on those days. Would imagine something like Giant Spider. There is a little girl giant, an uncle and a new one just revealed. They will wake up in different parts of the City and walk for four hours each journey.
Posted By: granny Re: Sea Odyssey-Giants Spectacular-Liverpool - 12th Apr 2012 10:56am
Isn't it connected to the Titanic commemorative events. It should be quite amazing, but as you say, travel and parking a nightmare. We'll be ok from this side....just take a ferry boat!
Thanks Paxvo.
Posted By: ekky2000 Re: Sea Odyssey-Giants Spectacular-Liverpool - 12th Apr 2012 6:22pm
they'be been practising with giant puppets on the docks in Liverpool and they could be seen from the ferry
Posted By: chris7777 Re: Sea Odyssey-Giants Spectacular-Liverpool - 12th Apr 2012 6:42pm
i'll be going over to see it, can't wait! looks really good!!

Posted By: pegsgirl Re: Sea Odyssey-Giants Spectacular-Liverpool - 15th Apr 2012 1:26pm
Me too its looks fantastic. Cant wait. Liverpool is such a fab place.
Posted By: little_pob Re: Sea Odyssey-Giants Spectacular-Liverpool - 15th Apr 2012 2:40pm
This coincides with a week off, so I'll be heading over for the Friday afternoon stuff as well as the Sunday farewell.

I'm as yet undecided about going over Saturday too.
Posted By: atw1960 Re: Sea Odyssey-Giants Spectacular-Liverpool - 15th Apr 2012 8:07pm
If you go to www.giantspectacular.com you can print a map of the routes and times . Hope this helps !
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Sea Odyssey-Giants Spectacular-Liverpool - 15th Apr 2012 10:10pm
I feel a real let down with these things, its only a string puppet comparable to something that could have been made hundreds of years ago. What a disaster for our modern technology????
Posted By: paxvobiscum Re: Sea Odyssey-Giants Spectacular-Liverpool - 16th Apr 2012 7:37am
Originally Posted by atw1960
If you go to www.giantspectacular.com you can print a map of the routes and times . Hope this helps !

www.merseytravel.gov.uk/ Below is further info from that site about farewell to 'The Giants' including 'Xolo' the dog

Jump onboard the Mersey Ferry to bid farewell to Sea Odyssey13 April 2012 On Sunday 22 April, following their visit to Liverpool, Sea Odyssey’s Little Girl Giant, her Uncle and her dog Xolo, will leave Liverpool by sailing away along the River Mersey.

The show`s finale will take place from 12.15pm at Canning Dock, from where The Giants will say their goodbye to Liverpool.

For the best view of the Sea Odyssey flotilla jump on board the famous Mersey Ferry for a River Explorer Cruise and bid farewell to the Giant family. River Explorer Cruises depart hourly from Liverpool Pier Head, Seacombe and Woodside and a return ticket lets you break your journey at any one of the terminals, normal ticket prices apply. Visit www.merseyferries.co.uk

If you need any help planning your journey by public transport during the event, please call Traveline on 0871 200 22 33. Traveline is open from 0800 - 2000 every day, or visit www.merseytravel.gov.uk for further information.

grin

Attached picture L G  G.jpg
© Wirral-Wikiwirral