Forums
Posted By: hoseman Help For Hero's Charity Night 27th Oct - 8th Oct 2011 8:24am
HELP FOR HEROES
CHARITY AUCTION NIGHT
27TH OCTOBER, VILLAGE HOTEL, BROMBOROUGH. 7PM TIL MIDNIGHT

ALL PROCEEDS TO HELP 4 HEROES CHARITY.
TICKETS £20.00

THE NIGHT IS HOSTED BY RADIO MERSEYSIDES BILLY BUTLER.

WE HAVE A GREAT NIGHT LINED UP FOR A VERY WORTHY CAUSE, HERES JUST A SMALL SAMPLE OF WHATS ON:

7.00 PROMPT, DOORS OPEN
7.30 ALEX SMITH, ELECTRIC VIOLINIST
8.00 RAFFLE DRAW
8.30 BUFFET START
9.00 AUCTION START PLUS RAFFLE
10.30 THE NOOK BAND

FREE GOODIE BAG ON ENTRY,
FREE ENTRY INTO RAFFLE (more tickets available to purchase on the night!)
CUSTOM H4H CAKE AND H4H CUPCAKES FOR EVERYONE
SPECIAL TRIBUTE GUEST WELCOMING YOU IN ON THE DOOR (this guy is good, but not telling until you turn up!!)
KISSING FISH PEDICURES AVAILABLE ON THE NIGHT
FREE BUFFET
BAR UNTIL MIDNIGHT
RAFFLES THROUGHOUT THE EVENING WITH SOME GREAT PRIZES
AUCTION ALSO WITH SOME FANTASTIC GIFTS TO BID ON
FINISH THE NIGHT WITH OUR OWN LOCAL WIKI BAND....THE NOOK

ALL THIS IS GOING ON UNDER THE WATCHFULL EYE OF Mr BILLY BUTLER OF RADIO MERSEYSIDE FAME!!

I STILL HAVE SOME TICKETS AVAILABLE, BUT NOT MANY.
PLEASE PM ME IF YOU REQUIRE ANY.

BE GOOD TO SEE SOME WIKI FACES THERE ON THE NIGHT, GATE CRASHERS WELCOME, BUT YOU STILL GOT TO PAY THE DUES! wink
Posted By: ghostly1 Re: Help For Hero's Charity Night 27th Oct - 8th Oct 2011 9:55am
Love it ;-) cant wait!!!
Posted By: hoseman Re: Help For Hero's Charity Night 27th Oct - 8th Oct 2011 3:04pm
Good to have you and the boys on board mate party, good meet there the other night....we know its gonna be a great evening!! bananalove
Roll on the 27th! bananadance
Posted By: hoseman Re: Help For Hero's Charity Night 27th Oct - 11th Oct 2011 11:04pm
Anyone like any tickets to this, got a few left. PM me please
Posted By: dave_h Re: Help For Hero's Charity Night 27th Oct - 14th Oct 2011 3:21pm
looking forward to this
Posted By: hoseman Re: Help For Hero's Charity Night 27th Oct - 14th Oct 2011 6:00pm
You want tickets mate or you got some from elsewhere?
Posted By: dave_h Re: Help For Hero's Charity Night 27th Oct - 16th Oct 2011 8:14pm
yeah got 4 mate from entertainment
Posted By: lainy Re: Help For Hero's Charity Night 27th Oct - 17th Oct 2011 8:39pm
Do you need another act? Ayoung girl from the wirral would love to come a few songs.
Posted By: hoseman Re: Help For Hero's Charity Night 27th Oct - 18th Oct 2011 7:37pm
Hi

We are fully booked at the moment. as im not the only person organising this i dont have full say on things ALTHO i was meant to be in charge of entertainment!
we only have 5 hours to cram everything in and the auction alone will take over 1 1/2 hours!!
Thank you sooo much tho, but i will keep you in mind for next years BIG ONE, hopefully over 1000 people to that one!! thumbsup
Posted By: lainy Re: Help For Hero's Charity Night 27th Oct - 18th Oct 2011 9:45pm
Ok thanks.
Posted By: dave_h Re: Help For Hero's Charity Night 27th Oct - 19th Oct 2011 10:49pm
Originally Posted by hoseman
Hi

We are fully booked at the moment. as im not the only person organising this i dont have full say on things ALTHO i was meant to be in charge of entertainment!
we only have 5 hours to cram everything in and the auction alone will take over 1 1/2 hours!!
Thank you sooo much tho, but i will keep you in mind for next years BIG ONE, hopefully over 1000 people to that one!! thumbsup

ever thought about doing an event for help our wounded?
Posted By: hoseman Re: Help For Hero's Charity Night 27th Oct - 22nd Oct 2011 11:42am
Mate, the headaches im having with this one is enuf!!
After Thurs im taking a break.
I have had soooo many broken promises and pledges for stuff its unbeleivable!!
Even the ticket sales....everyone i spoke to before said "Yeah mate, great idea, i will have half dozen tickets, no probs!!", then they decide they are busy that night or made other commitments and im lumbered with tickets to shift!
I had a piper for the evening, who now has decided hes working!
I found another last min but he wants paying, which kicks the arse outta the thing!!

Rant over
Posted By: Mark Re: Help For Hero's Charity Night 27th Oct - 22nd Oct 2011 11:55am
Hi

Still have load of tickets left for this.

This is a great night with soooo much going on, hard to fit it all in 5 hrs!!

We are getting a plug from Radio Merseyside too in the week and a piece was done in the Globe this week by the other couple helping.
Had a lot of broken pledges on tickets and we need to shift.

IS THERE ANYONE WHO WOULD LIKE TO GRACE US WITH THEIR PRESENCE??

Please PM me for info or tickets. I can hold them for you..

Many Thanks in advance....Know you wont let me down out there!! wink
Posted By: dave_h Re: Help For Hero's Charity Night 27th Oct - 25th Oct 2011 11:45am
Even the ticket sales....everyone i spoke to before said "Yeah mate, great idea, i will have half dozen tickets, no probs!!", then they decide they are busy that night or made other commitments and im lumbered with tickets to shift!
I found another last min but he wants paying, which kicks the arse outta the thing!!
Rant over

i fooking hate people like that, its such an important fundraiser. imagine if the shit hit the fan, how would they feel if the lads turned round and said they had prior engagements. as for paying its a charity night, who the fook does he think he is the fooking Pied Piper of fooking Hamelin

End of Flash
Posted By: dave_h Re: Help For Hero's Charity Night 27th Oct - 25th Oct 2011 11:49am
Originally Posted by dave_h
Rant over

i fooking hate people like that, its such an important fundraiser. imagine if the shit hit the fan, how would they feel if the lads turned round and said they had prior engagements. as for paying its a charity night, who the fook does he think he is the fooking Pied Piper of fooking Hamelin

End of Flash

doesnt sound as aggressive or convey my anger with those swear words being changed
Posted By: hoseman Re: Help For Hero's Charity Night 27th Oct - 25th Oct 2011 5:14pm
ANYONE ELSE WANT TICKETS????
SPEAK TO ME PEOPLE!!

Been lumbered with a few due to broken commitments/promises by people! somad

Need to shift as want ALL the money to go to our lads in the forces, not lining peoples pockets burning a hole!! LOL

Radio Merseyside have been giving it a plug every day on the Billy Butler show as hes comparing part of the evening for us.

If anyone can help out with ticket sales please PM me, call me 0777 1646 221 or i can hold them for you til the day.

Thank You to Nikki Abbo for her ticket purchase today, be good to see you out n about! bananadance

I will be on the door on the night and YES I CAN BE BRIBED!!! wink
Posted By: hoseman Re: Help For Hero's Charity Night 27th Oct - 27th Oct 2011 3:51pm
Still time people.
Bring a camera, its full of surprises!! camera
Posted By: hoseman Re: Help For Hero's Charity Night 27th Oct - 28th Oct 2011 12:30pm
Well this went down a storm. Thanks to all who made the effort and turned up.
Thanks to Matt and the band for their time and Terry `Chubby Brown` who sold 1000 raffle tickets alone on the night!!

We raised £3,200.00 cleared funds on the night with £800.00 still to come in!!!

Some pics of the custom H4H cake made especially for the night!

Attached picture 026.JPG
Attached picture 027.JPG
Attached picture 028.JPG
Attached picture 031.JPG
Posted By: Wench Re: Help For Hero's Charity Night 27th Oct - 28th Oct 2011 12:32pm
Nicely done sweetheart clap So proud of you all laugh I'm just gutted I couldn't make it but I'm so glad it went well as I know the work that went into it wink

Thank You!!
Posted By: hoseman Re: Help For Hero's Charity Night 27th Oct - 28th Oct 2011 12:36pm
Had a ball!! Raised loads for a worthy cause and `got the bug` now!!!

The band were great, Ghostly, you guys want to do a demo and get it out mate, Billy Butler was impressed. Also Alex Smith who can make an electric violin sing!!!!
Posted By: hoseman Re: Help For Hero's Charity Night 27th Oct - 28th Oct 2011 12:38pm
What you think of pics?? Cake was (and still is!!) a work of art. Made by Gabriell at Kingfisher Cakes,
[email protected]

You want to see this womans portfolio, amazing creations!!!
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Help For Hero's Charity Night 27th Oct - 28th Oct 2011 12:52pm
Well done Hoseman,a great amount of cash for a worthy charity clap clap

The cakes are gorgeous,shame to eat them!!
Posted By: reddragon Re: Help For Hero's Charity Night 27th Oct - 28th Oct 2011 9:36pm
Well done Hoseman and all concerned soz cudnt make it glad everyone had a good time and BIG congratulations on the amount of money raised
Posted By: Mark Re: Help For Hero's Charity Night 27th Oct - 28th Oct 2011 9:56pm
Well done mate, you pulled it off smile
Fantastic Total, well done.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Help For Hero's Charity Night 27th Oct - 28th Oct 2011 11:40pm
Great news well done smile
Posted By: dave_h Re: Help For Hero's Charity Night 27th Oct - 29th Oct 2011 2:28pm
enjoyed the night, made up with the misses bidding on lots of things and winning in the raffle, cant wait to spend the rightway voucher and the menswear one ;-)

hoseman... glad to see you got that bug now and thus refer you to an earlier post lol, well done!!!!!!!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral