Forums
Friends Of Wallasey Central Library present Japan Day on 20th August. All money raised on the day will be split between the Red Cross Tsunami Fund and the Friends Of Wallasey Central Library. The Friends Group exists to promote the library and raise funds towards improving this vital community resource.

Come along in August and enjoy some different apsects of Japanese culture. Learn how to make origami animals, find out about the wonderful train network in Tokyo or have some refreshing green tea. There will be acitivities for all ages and includes storytelling for children. 1000 till 1600 [Break 1300-1400]. Admission is free!

It would be great to have some of the fine people of Wiki Wirral come along. See you there!

# Dress up in a Kimono
# Japanese calligraphy
# Lear how to do Origami
# Tradional Japanese painting exhibition [Sumi-e]
# Book/DVD/CD sale
# Storytelling [for adults and children]
# Colouring & painting for children
# Japanese Poetry/Haiku workshop
# Tea, Coffee & Cakes
# Tsunami information stand
# Basic Japanese class
# Information about Japan exhibition [Sport, Culture, History, Food etc]
# Raffle and prizes
# Craft stand
Plus more to be announced.......

Japan Day on Facebook
We have an Everton shirt signed by many of the first team as a raffle prize. Tickets will be available soon from Wallasey Central Library. All money raised will be split between the Friends Of Wallasey Central Library and the Red Cross Tsunami Appeal.

[Linked Image]
There will be a free shot of Sake [Japanese Rice Wine] when people buy £2 or more worth of raffle tickets on the day. On sale now.

1st prize - signed Everton shirt [see above post]
2nd prize - bottle of Sake
3rd prize - signed picture of Jermaine Beckford
we can't wait to go to this.
Posted By: Bimbo Re: Japan Day @ Wallasey Central Library 20/8/2011 - 12th Aug 2011 10:01am
will there be that sooshy?
I wonder whether Bert will take his Japanese admiral's uniform
along
Does he actually wear it Derek? I see a Tenko moment!
Posted By: bert1 Re: Japan Day @ Wallasey Central Library 20/8/2011 - 12th Aug 2011 11:42am
Don't get me started.
Originally Posted by Bimbo
will there be that sooshy?

Do you mean sushi? Sadly, due to health and safety rules, we wont be able to provide any sushi. There will be other Japanese food and drinks though.
Originally Posted by derekdwc
I wonder whether Bert will take his Japanese admiral's uniform
along

Fancy dress is very welcome. Maybe Bert could even dress up a cute little Geisha.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Japan Day @ Wallasey Central Library 20/8/2011 - 13th Aug 2011 4:38am
I might turn up as a POW, now that would spoil the party.
Thankfully, I think it's water under the bridge now.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Japan Day @ Wallasey Central Library 20/8/2011 - 13th Aug 2011 7:54am
Kwai springs to mind, anyway enjoy your day. wink
© Wirral-Wikiwirral