Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Liverpool One Sporting Bears Dream Rides 2nd July - 21st Jun 2011 8:12am
Sporting Bears Dream Rides will offer a 20 minute ride out as a passenger in the following cars for Claire House Childrens Hospice.

Here we will have the amazing Porsche 911 Rally Car, Audi R8 Spyder, Ultima GTR, Gallardo Spyder, Marcos Manatara, KTM X-Bow, TVR Chimera and Healey 3000 with others TBC.

All you have to do is park in Liverpool and look out for us between Hilton and John Lewis. Then make the suggested donation - ALL goes to the charity as we are all volunteers and get no expenses for petrol, time or even a coffee! - and enjoy sitting in one of the fabulous cars as the owner takes you out for 20 minutes on the open roads.

There will also be some interesting cars on display too, from Porsche, Abarth, Audi etc.

All for Claire House Childrens Hospice.

I'll be there on the day.
giving rides in the Z4 Al? wink

Is it all day?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Liverpool One Sporting Bears Dream Rides 2nd July - 21st Jun 2011 8:25am
I'm afraid there aren't many people willing to pay for a ride in a falling apart Z4! Although the 8 came back yesterday, might just park it up as it fits in better.

It will be most of the day and they have the support of Porsche Chester offering a Porsche 911 Rothmans Rally car that pops and crackles and a Fiat Abarth Evo to start the proceeds complimented with an Audi R8 from Liverpool Audi and a Bentley Supersports from those lovely chaps and chapesses in Crewe.

The challenge here is to tempt the shoppers to donate £40 on a Dream Ride but if not then there will be some awesome cars parked up and dotted around!
Cool! sounds like fun. I'll try and be there for a nose with my wallet!
Max and all the others that are involved with Sporting Bears are amazing! I had the pleasure of having a go in one of their cars last year at Cholmondeley's Pageant of Power. I have to say that it's worth every penny!!

Not all the cars are £40, so if you can spare the money and fancy it, I can highly recommend it!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Liverpool One Sporting Bears Dream Rides 2nd July - 21st Jun 2011 2:46pm
I've just spoken to Max on the phone. I'm going to be heading down there in the 8 series more than likely as at least it won't be as out of place and is something to look at parked up outside the Hilton.

I'm there in a 'keep an eye on the cars' capacity acting as eyes in the back of the owners heads sort of thing.

If anyone wants to jump in with me, I will have at least one spare seat. Bonus being we can park up right there.
Does his number still end in 120? If he needs any more help, tell him I'll gladly give him a hand. He should still have my number and email addy.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Liverpool One Sporting Bears Dream Rides 2nd July - 21st Jun 2011 3:08pm
It does, but he's on a different number at the moment.

Come along if you want Wench! Be good to meet you!
Awesome cool
Mate, well up for that, nice one for link, glad to see you got the 8 back, did Chris sort it in the end ?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Liverpool One Sporting Bears Dream Rides 2nd July - 22nd Jun 2011 3:41pm
Yeah, well, kind of. He admitted defeat and took it over to Williams who also admitted defeat so he took it back to his place and invited one of BMW's master technicians over to have a look.

They finally solved that and the issue of the wiring malfunctions... tracked it down to a very small grommet that was letting water in. Something that Williams and Newhall and every other place that has had it couldn't do.

Sorted the new ECU they imported from Germany, sorted ABS and TCS, and waiting on quote for 2 new catalytic convertors.

Overall, done a decent job but it's about 2 months labour, it's taken him the best part of a week to calculate the final bill!!
Glad it got fixed mate knew he'd get it in the end,

He's worked on every BMW imaginable, infact there is not a single car that i think will beat him, don't worry about the invoicing time it took him a month to tell me how much i owed, he's a great lad and was basically the backbone of Newhall he was their head engineer for 10 - 15 years, i was his apprentice for a while at Newhall.

He's worked on all my cars and all my jet ski's even ones that have basically had pots full of water when bilges have stopped etc,

Glad to here it got bottomed out mate.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Liverpool One Sporting Bears Dream Rides 2nd July - 22nd Jun 2011 3:50pm
He said only 2 other cars had beaten him in his entire career. A good bloke to know for the future anyway. There's too many cowboys about setting up shop all over the place these days.
Never let you down me, your right seems to be alot of back alley clowns in both paint work and mechanics setting up recently half of them aren't even out of Nappies lol
Originally Posted by Nobody

I will do. Not seen him since Cholmondeley.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Liverpool One Sporting Bears Dream Rides 2nd July - 22nd Jun 2011 9:37pm
Originally Posted by Wench
Originally Posted by Nobody

I will do. Not seen him since Cholmondeley.

Planning on doing that this year too!
joyride
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Liverpool One Sporting Bears Dream Rides 2nd July - 30th Jun 2011 10:03am
http://www.claire-house.org.uk/?content=event-details&eventId=328&currentPage=1
© Wirral-Wikiwirral