Forums
http://www.liverpoolblitz70.co.uk/ At 14:30 on Saturday 30th April

Enjoy your weekend!
Capture some on video footage please! the sirens in the city centre will be Brilliant!
They bombed our chip shop!
My grandad once took a fully loaded bomber over Germany single handed and bombed Berlin.
When he returned, he was arrested and thrown in jail!!!
Apparently it was only 2 wks ago....!!! grin
When I was in Berlin my mate had his dad out for a visit. We took him down town for a drink and a German bloke started chatting to him and asked him if he had been to Berlin before. When he said that he had indeed been to Berlin before the bloke asked him what he was doing.
"Making car parks" was the reply. End of.
'Twas good fun.

The cows of Clayton Square (Underneath the big screen, outside Tesco Metro)
[Linked Image]

Wartime fire engine, Church Street
[Linked Image]

The gig:- "Who do you think you are kidding Mr Hitler?" was being performed.
[Linked Image]

I know very little about vehicles, but these ones were there (Williamson Square):- laugh
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The Army mobile recruitment unit:-
[Linked Image]

Climbing wall (You've got to have one of these):-
[Linked Image]

Another car:-
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Spitfire of course!
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Baby's gas mask:-
[Linked Image]
Thanks mate for the photos looks like it was a fantastic day thumbsup i ave seen that Tank up and down Boundary rd bidston smile
Brilliant pictures, i have uploaded a few video clips under 'numanoid2006' on youtube or try searching 'liverpool blitz anniversary;
Thanks both, I've only got an entry-level compact stills camera. Luckily we benefited from the sunny weather!

I'll have to check out the vids on Youtube at some point.

Also, forgot to mention people were saying "That Spitfire looks really small".

I think it's an 80% sized replica, so not quite full size but a little bit easier to move around. laugh
Yer it was a reproduction from 2004/5
The Spitfire was indeed slightly smaller than actual size. It belongs to the father of the organiser of the part of event organised on behalf of the charities D-Day Revisited and the Royal British Legion. It was re-enactors from my group www.northernforties.org.uk who stayed with the aircraft for the 3 days. The rest of my group were under the gazebos nearby - the Luftwaffe bomber crew (one of them was me!), the evacuees, British Airborne soldiers, and French Resistance. You can just see me in one of the above photos wearing the original Luftwaffe pilot gear from my rare collection.
You might recognise some more of these pics of your group then. laugh

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The Sun was out then, where's it gone? laugh
Dug out a few more Northern Forties photos from the event. laugh

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]