Forums
Posted By: RUDEBOX Family History Research- drop in - 3rd Feb 2011 9:14pm
At Upton Library. 8.2.11 9.30-12.30. Free.
Volunteers from West Kirby branch of the Cheshire Family History Society will give you expert advice and tips on how to continue your search.
Full access to 1911 Census and other sites.
Posted By: woodley Re: Family History Research- drop in - 4th Feb 2011 2:14am
Wish I lived over there. I had ancestry.com given to me by my son for Christmas. After hours and hours {everyone from either the wirral or liverpool] I'm STUCK. Could really use this help. DAMN IT!!!
Posted By: OxtonHill Re: Family History Research- drop in - 4th Feb 2011 8:13am
Originally Posted by ruth0339
I'm STUCK. Could really use this help.

ruth0339, if you want any help give me a PM with your email and what your stuck with and I'll see if I can help (30 years researching)
Posted By: woodley Re: Family History Research- drop in - 5th Feb 2011 6:52am
After another 4 hours I have come to the conclusion that my great grandmother Annie Rose Naylor married twice, or once and just changed partners to William Naylor and had a host of children by him. Is there any way of checking this?
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Family History Research- drop in - 5th Feb 2011 11:18am
Ruth, I chased mine up by gleaning what info I could from living relatives and then it is just painstaking chiselling away at the docs in Ancestry.com and cross referring where possible and gradually building up a tree. It's time consuming but great when you get a result. Seem to remember some Naylors living in Patterson Street or thereabouts when I was a kid. They went to Trinity Street School as I remember.
Posted By: woodley Re: Family History Research- drop in - 5th Feb 2011 12:04pm
I'm the last of my generation. Came here with Mum, Dad and younger brother. Older brother came two years later after he finished his stint in RAF. All gone now. So can only go back to what I already knew. Trouble is they ALL seem to be William or Joseph in the Graham line.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Family History Research- drop in - 5th Feb 2011 12:08pm
Purchase a good crash helmet.
Posted By: woodley Re: Family History Research- drop in - 5th Feb 2011 1:05pm
Bert. Your posts are always very informative and you never cease to amaze me just how much you know about just about everything.....but that advice didn't help me at all. Funny but no help. You must be having more luck with your 'new Ancestry' than I'm having.

AND I'd love to know where you find all your links !!!
Posted By: bert1 Re: Family History Research- drop in - 5th Feb 2011 1:36pm
No Ruth, my lumps are getting bigger.
Posted By: davew3 Re: Family History Research- drop in - 5th Feb 2011 2:33pm
Know the feeling,my family line came to Birkenhead in 1843/5 from Cheltenham probably via Cirencester from Leafield Oxfordshire that is guesswork as we are stuck at 1803 in Cheltenham the trail goes cold, all had trades but all christened as grown ups in St Johns Church,so as were all incomers to Birkenhead then I don't need to hide where I come from. laugh
Posted By: Hiekel_Essterol Re: Family History Research- drop in - 7th Feb 2011 10:35am
Are they able to help with out of the area queries or is it just local family history?

I have some questions regarding family in Brighton.
Posted By: woodley Re: Family History Research- drop in - 7th Feb 2011 11:06am
Hi Hei. laffin Send a PM to OxtonHill and tell him your problem. I'm in Oz and he's sorting my prob out for me.
Posted By: Hiekel_Essterol Re: Family History Research- drop in - 9th Feb 2011 10:10am
Went along to this.

There was no 1911 census at all, dont know where this info was provided from.
Posted By: OxtonHill Re: Family History Research- drop in - 9th Feb 2011 1:54pm
Originally Posted by Hiekel_Essterol
There was no 1911 census at all

Do you need any help with this Census?
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Family History Research- drop in - 9th Feb 2011 8:48pm
Went along to this.

I think there was ... try HERE
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Family History Research- drop in - 9th Feb 2011 8:57pm
Went along to this.

www.wirral-libraries.net 'events' section. Check out next months meeting info for 8.3.11, its the same as the info i provided.
Posted By: Hiekel_Essterol Re: Family History Research- drop in - 10th Feb 2011 9:13am
Just to confirm, access to the 1911 census is through the website 1911census.co.uk as has been stated, but to see anything you need to buy credits. Therefore no results were available at the library session.

However, the guys there were saying that its rumoured that ancestry.co.uk will have access to it very soon.
Posted By: Hiekel_Essterol Re: Family History Research- drop in - 10th Feb 2011 9:15am
Do you need any help with this Census?

I need overall help with one aspect of my tree haha.

Do you want me to put the info on here or send you a pm?
Posted By: OxtonHill Re: Family History Research- drop in - 11th Feb 2011 8:18am
Send me a PM.
Posted By: Colski Re: Family History Research- drop in - 22nd Feb 2011 1:28am
Just a suggestion, but I take it you all know about http://www.cheshirebmd.org.uk/ ?
I've been delving into this, but at £9 a pop it can get scary!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral