Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Firework Displays Wirral - 2nd Nov 2010 6:07pm
Wirral Council fireworks displays will be held at the following locations.

All will start at 6.30pm on Friday, November 5.

Woodchurch Community Centre, Carr Bridge Road, Woodchurch.

Birkenhead Park, Park Drive, Birkenhead.

Central Park, Liscard Road, Wallasey.

Lingham Park, Town Meadow Lane, Moreton.

Mayer Park, The Village, Bebington.

Mersey Park, Downham Road, Tranmere.

Upton Park, Manor Drive, Upton.

In Hoylake, the sailing club bonfire party will be held on the beach on Friday with the fire due to be lit at 6.15pm.

West Kirby Sailing Club will be staging its display on Saturday, November 6 at 6pm..

A "Sparks In The Park" firework display will be held in Meols Park, Meols on Sunday, November 7. The event, which also features funfair rides and music starts at 1pm, finishing with a firework display at 7.30pm.

Posted By: monsterz4 Re: Firework Displays Wirral - 2nd Nov 2010 6:15pm
is the hoylake one really on the beach ? is there any space to park ?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Firework Displays Wirral - 2nd Nov 2010 6:46pm
Thats what the globe is saying. smile

never put link smack sorry. verysorry THE WIRRAL GLOBE

Posted By: peodude Re: Firework Displays Wirral - 2nd Nov 2010 10:13pm
Is there no fire at Birkenhead Park any more?
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Firework Displays Wirral - 3rd Nov 2010 11:53am
Originally Posted by peodude
Is there no fire at Birkenhead Park any more?

Haven't seen a fire in the park for the past few years at least. Firework Display is normally pretty good though
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Firework Displays Wirral - 4th Nov 2010 7:45am
looks like they will be having fun in kent

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/03112010/58/premier-league-rooney-effigy-burn-bonfire-night.html
Posted By: howly Re: Firework Displays Wirral - 4th Nov 2010 11:16am
The Bonfire (one of the few left now) is usually on the beach and so are the fireworks. The tide is in by 11pm. People are encouraged to stay on the prom by the Lifeboat men and there is usually some refreshments available to buy. Usual bucket collection for the Lifeboats - a voluntary organisation which saves local lives. Parking is usually in any of the streets leading down to Hoylake Prom. Last year the rain was horizontal, but its all in a good cause - wrap up warm and waterproof!
Posted By: howly Re: Firework Displays Wirral - 4th Nov 2010 11:19am
RickandSarah - see post starting 'The bonfire'....!
Posted By: Nigel Re: Firework Displays Wirral - 5th Nov 2010 2:43pm
Plenty to keep everyone busy then.
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Firework Displays Wirral - 5th Nov 2010 3:10pm
Ive heard its packet of bangers,10 rockets and 5 air bombs. Council budget cuts lol
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Firework Displays Wirral - 5th Nov 2010 7:13pm
Anyone know if mersey ferries are doing a display? What time?
Posted By: Snodvan Re: Firework Displays Wirral - 5th Nov 2010 7:39pm
Originally Posted by stephen1972
Ive heard its packet of bangers,10 rockets and 5 air bombs. Council budget cuts lol

Just back from the display in Wallasey central Park. I am not really a "fireworks person" but the Mrs wanted to go.

I must say I was quite impressed with the display. A good variety of types and I guess it lasted 25 mins. There was a very good crowd turn out. The amusing bit (to me) was the Police control van getting stuck in the mud and having to be pulled out by a breakdown truck.

Sure, it is easy enough to say that in the current economic climate it is wasteful to spend ratepayer money. Fundamentally that is a correct view but I am sure that this years display was fully committed financially well over a year ago and cancellation was not an option even if that is what some folk would suggest.

Snod
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Firework Displays Wirral - 5th Nov 2010 7:49pm
Were the chavs kept away?
Posted By: Snodvan Re: Firework Displays Wirral - 5th Nov 2010 9:26pm
All seemed quite civilised there tonight ie no trouble makers/ chavs that I could see
Posted By: savage_outlaw Re: Firework Displays Wirral - 5th Nov 2010 10:41pm
You'll be surprised but the Chav's where helping the Police get the Police van out...Wasn't too bad at central park, didn't last very long though, but better than the usual one I go to in Vikki/Mersey park
x
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Firework Displays Wirral - 5th Nov 2010 10:44pm
Originally Posted by savage_outlaw
You'll be surprised but the Chav's where helping the Police get the Police van out...Wasn't too bad at central park, didn't last very long though, but better than the usual one I go to in Vikki/Mersey park
x
lol laugh
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Firework Displays Wirral - 5th Nov 2010 11:13pm
Couldnt be arsed with it, this year. Couldn't face the snail paced trot behind fat arsed chavs with buggies. Disclaimer: no offence meant to anybody BUT didnt you learn, in school, to walk single file, on the left hand side???
Posted By: phalinmegob Re: Firework Displays Wirral - 5th Nov 2010 11:26pm
we got exactly 15 minutes of fireworks at mersey park but it was quite enjoyable,loads of chavs but no-one seemed to causing any trouble there
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Firework Displays Wirral - 6th Nov 2010 12:05am
Why no bonfires tho. Surely a "man" could oversee it.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Firework Displays Wirral - 6th Nov 2010 12:24am
Bonfire and fireworks at Leasowe.
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Firework Displays Wirral - 6th Nov 2010 12:37am
U sure it wasnt arson lol
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: Firework Displays Wirral - 6th Nov 2010 5:56pm
went to central park pix up soon smile
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Firework Displays Wirral - 6th Nov 2010 6:29pm
Originally Posted by Robbo_theMan
went to central park pix up soon smile
get them up mate!
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Firework Displays Wirral - 6th Nov 2010 9:53pm
was really dissapointed with the display in central park this year...thought the display was poorly thought out, little real effort or thought in the presentation and timings of the fireworks. liked this shot cos of the 2 towers over in liverpool at the bottom and a bit of lens flare too

Attached picture IMG_6565.JPG
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Firework Displays Wirral - 7th Nov 2010 2:05pm
nice pic jabber!
Posted By: Maisie Re: Firework Displays Wirral - 7th Nov 2010 3:00pm
Well we went to the one at West Kirby last night, was a really good display and a proper bonfire on the beach...kids loved it...would definately go to that one again.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral