Forums
Posted By: Artymum Slightly Light Night - Art Open Evening - 12th Oct 2010 9:10pm
This Thursday (14 Oct) evening from 5-10pm

at Woodside, 6 Rooms Gallery and The Lauries Centre
All welcome

I have some of my own work in the Lauries instead of organising other artists work. Makes a change ;-)

http://slightlylightnight.eventbrite.com/
Posted By: Artymum Re: Slightly Light Night - Art Open Evening - 13th Oct 2010 1:57pm
The Slightly Light Night is a public art evening planned for the 14th of October in Birkenhead of 3 venues that are part of the Liverpool Independents. The evening event is a scaled down version of the Light Night and Long Night events that have been so successful in the last few years in the galleries and museums of Liverpool. This collaboration between The Six Rooms Gallery and The Lauries Centre is the result of the greater communication between art venues and artists based in the Wirral. Eventually, there is the hope that the Slightly Light Night could develop to encompass more galleries and museums based in the Wirral if the event carries on in future years. There is the potential to have the Slightly Bright Night in spring.

Organised by Alison Bailey Smith from the bright spark of an idea by Simon Mack.

Alison Bailey Smith
Art on Wirral –the left bank of the Mersey
For more information go to our Eventbrite listing http://slightlylightnight.eventbrite.com/

Venue A
5 until 8pm at "Home" cafe
Woodside Ferry Terminal
Birkenhead
CH41 6DU

Venue B
5.30 until 8pm
The Six Rooms Gallery
26 Argyle Street
Birkenhead
Wirral, CH41 6AE

Venue C
7pm until 10pm at
The Lauries Centre
142 Claughton Road,
Birkenhead,
Wirral, CH41 6EY

Posted By: Wench Re: Slightly Light Night - Art Open Evening - 14th Oct 2010 9:07am
I spoke with Daniel James and 2 of the other exhibitors last night so can add a few bits to this.

At Venue A (Home at Woodside Ferry) there is an exhibition and music from Orange Zebra.

You can then either walk, get a taxi or take a Rickshaw ride to Venue B (The Six Rooms Gallery) where Daniel James will be giving a talk on the history of Birkenhead. There will be refreshments available there.

Then to finish, at Venue C (The Lauries Centre) there is another exhibition, more music and a public bar available.

© Wirral-Wikiwirral