Forums
Posted By: sparky New Brighton Primary school - 27th Sep 2010 3:48pm
I went to this primary school in the 70's and there was a ghost story going round that scared the life out of me. It was about a nun with no face, hands or feet and lived in the bell tower. Does anyone else know about this.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: New Brighton Primary school - 28th Sep 2010 1:09am
Prabably you were told by a teacher cos you were always misbehaving !!!
Posted By: Christine12 Re: New Brighton Primary school - 30th Sep 2010 6:37pm
It seems every school has ghostly rumours - older kids scaring the younger kids probably...
Posted By: lol42 Re: New Brighton Primary school - 14th Oct 2010 1:04pm
i remember the ghost story from when i went to Vaughan rd early 70s....there were some concrete steps behind a blue iron gate (top floor of school somewhere). Some liquid (blood of course!) was dripping down the steps....the story was that somebody had been hung up there! very scary when u r little..we used to run as fast as we could past that bloomin gate! never forgotten it. don't know who started the story but bet loads of kids were scared stiff by it. got kids there now and its not been mentioned..hopefully the "blood" was cleaned up at some point.
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: New Brighton Primary school - 14th Oct 2010 1:33pm
i went to withensfield in the early 80s (now liscard primary)

there was a story about someone who hung themselves in the square box thing on the roof

no idea if it has truth behind it tho
Posted By: sparky Re: New Brighton Primary school - 14th Oct 2010 4:35pm
I went to Withensfield aswell but never heard of that ghost story
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: New Brighton Primary school - 15th Oct 2010 12:49am
Originally Posted by sparky
I went to this primary school in the 70's and there was a ghost story going round that scared the life out of me. It was about a nun with no face, hands or feet and lived in the bell tower. Does anyone else know about this.

lol, you get an elecy shock in work today?
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: New Brighton Primary school - 15th Oct 2010 12:57am
At weatherhead high school, 'lower' school in coronation ave-there was a rumour that class 13 or 14 was haunted. It was behind the stage in the Hall. We did the Ouji Board there, at dinnertimes with scary results.
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: New Brighton Primary school - 15th Oct 2010 1:00am
Is that board lark true or just a wind up? Weatherhead lol showin ya age lol oops 4got your 30ish lol.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: New Brighton Primary school - 15th Oct 2010 1:06am
Originally Posted by stephen1972
Is that board lark true or just a wind up?

i`ve heard different storys, always wanted to do it but everyone chickens out and says it does bad things!!! confused
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: New Brighton Primary school - 15th Oct 2010 1:08am
One classmate flipped out following a Sesh. It was period 5/6 and she tryed to jump out the Science Lab. window. Apparantly coz the Devil told her to. I went to primary school with her too and she was always attention seeking then. This story 'grew legs' when it materialised Miss Cobb calmed her down. Miss Cobb was the R.E teacher!! Lol
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: New Brighton Primary school - 15th Oct 2010 1:10am
Re,wot was that about? You only did that in lower school and there was no gcse in re lol
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: New Brighton Primary school - 15th Oct 2010 1:11am
38 stephen. Same age as YOU!! raftl
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: New Brighton Primary school - 15th Oct 2010 1:14am
Originally Posted by stephen1972
Re,wot was that about? You only did that in lower school and there was no gcse in re lol
Yer. Did ouji in the 2nd year and maybe an hr a week R.E lesson. 1984
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: New Brighton Primary school - 15th Oct 2010 1:18am
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
38 stephen. Same age as YOU!! raftl
crap ive been rumbled lol
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: New Brighton Primary school - 15th Oct 2010 1:25am
The 1972 give ya away, mate!! Lol
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: New Brighton Primary school - 15th Oct 2010 6:58am
we had to do RE in high school too mad

i found a nice way out of it tho, after standing my ground on my beliefs on religion, and ripping his to shreds, the teacher just wouldnt have me in the class, simple as that .

I had to sit outside the room everyweek, so i did my homework from other lessons.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: New Brighton Primary school - 15th Oct 2010 11:16am
I just slept through r.e smile
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: New Brighton Primary school - 15th Oct 2010 11:20am
Mosslands re teacher was a numpty lol
Posted By: Bandageman Re: New Brighton Primary school - 15th Oct 2010 2:26pm
Where these stories made up as to keep children away. Young people in years gone bye where told dont go there the bog___
man will get you. WHAT?. Well it did keep some of us away
© Wirral-Wikiwirral