Forums
Posted By: Tilly Nightclub opens tonight in Liscard - 2nd Jul 2010 7:34pm
PORTOFINO'S RESTAURANT AND NIGHTCLUB has an opening night tonight
free food samples all night
Djpaul Stewart: IS BRINGING THE SOUNDS OF THE OLD SCHOOL TO POROTFINOS PLUS MUCH MORE FROM 7PM ON THE 2ND JULY JOIN DJ PAUL STEWART LIVE IN THE MIX FOR THE BEST SOUNDS IN WALLASEY

18 LISCARD VILLAGE
Wallasey, United Kingdom
Phone:
0151 630 6566
Mon - Thurs:
17:00 - 02:00
Fri - Sat:
17:00 - 02:30
Sun:
17:00 - 01:00
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Nightclub opens tonight in Liscard - 2nd Jul 2010 8:47pm
Restaurant and nightc1ub? Hows that wor*?
Or am i *ust o*d? No five button, soz
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Nightclub opens tonight in Liscard - 2nd Jul 2010 8:47pm
Restaurant and nightc1ub? Hows that wor*?
Or am i *ust o*d? No five button, soz
Posted By: Tilly Re: Nightclub opens tonight in Liscard - 2nd Jul 2010 11:07pm
HUH!!! crazy
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Nightclub opens tonight in Liscard - 3rd Jul 2010 12:15am
Think ya fone is dying fella! Where is that restaraunt? late nite bar or a proper nightclub?
Posted By: Tilly Re: Nightclub opens tonight in Liscard - 3rd Jul 2010 12:19am
Originally Posted by stephen1972
Think ya fone is dying fella! Where is that restaraunt? late nite bar or a proper nightclub?

HUH!!!

it's a proper Restaurant/Nightclub
18 LISCARD VILLAGE
Wallasey, United Kingdom
Phone:
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Nightclub opens tonight in Liscard - 3rd Jul 2010 12:25am
I dont know where it is d,oh and i live on edge of liscard ish.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Nightclub opens tonight in Liscard - 3rd Jul 2010 12:26am
I can't even think where that is in Liscard Village!!
Posted By: Tilly Re: Nightclub opens tonight in Liscard - 3rd Jul 2010 12:27am
it's right on the corner of Liscard Crescent, the shop used to be call 'Rage' (hair salon) opposite the new tesco
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Nightclub opens tonight in Liscard - 3rd Jul 2010 12:31am
Oh yes, I know it. Thanks Tilly. Use to be the Yorkshire Bank some years ago!

So its a nightclub too? Not sure I want people dancing round me whilst I am eating my chips!!
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Nightclub opens tonight in Liscard - 3rd Jul 2010 12:33am
Oh rite the 1 with the silver signage. Wheres the club? Upstairs? Will defo check it out.
Posted By: Tilly Re: Nightclub opens tonight in Liscard - 3rd Jul 2010 12:36am
Originally Posted by PaulWirral
Oh yes, I know it. Thanks Tilly. Use to be the Yorkshire Bank some years ago!

So its a nightclub too? Not sure I want people dancing round me whilst I am eating my chips!!

raftl I know what you mean raftl
Posted By: Tilly Re: Nightclub opens tonight in Liscard - 3rd Jul 2010 12:41am
Oh rite the 1 with the silver signage. Wheres the club? Upstairs? Will defo check it out.

that's the one Stephen yes
no upstairs tho, just downstairs.
I went to Tesco at 10 oclock and it was really busy, they were playing the old dance tunes from years ago. it was great.
but I'm too old for all that now *sigh*
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Nightclub opens tonight in Liscard - 3rd Jul 2010 12:43am
You are never too old to get down and jiggy with Showaddywaddy!!!
Posted By: Tilly Re: Nightclub opens tonight in Liscard - 3rd Jul 2010 12:45am
Originally Posted by PaulWirral
You are never too old to get down and jiggy with Showaddywaddy!!!

Oi!! I'm not that old. lol
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Nightclub opens tonight in Liscard - 3rd Jul 2010 12:51am
I love old skool tunes and was a dj a while ago. Many £s spent in record shop that was over the rd from there. Will defo check it out, birkenhead is no go area. New brighton died when chelsea and coasters went. Tallulas is only decent place to go local.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Nightclub opens tonight in Liscard - 3rd Jul 2010 12:55am
Imagining people dancing, while holding a full plate of meat, chips, etc.
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Nightclub opens tonight in Liscard - 3rd Jul 2010 1:15am
Spag bol,pizza and pasta! Tho they prob do chips! Chinese mikes does the best chips in wallasey lol
Posted By: Tilly Re: Nightclub opens tonight in Liscard - 3rd Jul 2010 1:31am
WE HAVE GREAT OFFER'S ALCOPOPS 2 FOR £3:50 AND BOTTLE'S OF CARLSBERG FOR £1 EACH GOOD TIMES

the food is Italian cuisine grin
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Nightclub opens tonight in Liscard - 3rd Jul 2010 1:41am
Do you work there??? Pint of stella £1 = good times lol
Posted By: Tilly Re: Nightclub opens tonight in Liscard - 3rd Jul 2010 1:50am
Do you work there??? Pint of stella £1 = good times lol

No my days of pulling pints are done grin
Posted By: carcol2006 Re: Nightclub opens tonight in Liscard - 4th Jul 2010 4:47pm
Well call me old but I can remember chicken in a basket at the Golden Guinea and the Penny Farthing they are now RJ's and Bobbys bar so you could be danced around while you where eating your meal with your latest conquest admiring her hairdo created with her Carmen heated rollers.
Good luck to Portofino's you will need it because there has been a lot of night clubs in Liscard and all failed unfortunately .
Posted By: bert1 Re: Nightclub opens tonight in Liscard - 4th Jul 2010 6:13pm
Ok carcol your old, that soup in a basket was a bugger.
Posted By: Tatey Re: Nightclub opens tonight in Liscard - 5th Jul 2010 5:55am
Originally Posted by carcol2006
Well call me old but I can remember chicken in a basket at the Golden Guinea and the Penny Farthing they are now RJ's and Bobbys bar so you could be danced around while you where eating your meal with your latest conquest admiring her hairdo created with her Carmen heated rollers.
Good luck to Portofino's you will need it because there has been a lot of night clubs in Liscard and all failed unfortunately .

You think you are old? I remember the "Guinea" when it was the "Kraal Club" & only had soft drinks & coffee !!!
Posted By: Wiggi77 Re: Nightclub opens tonight in Liscard - 30th Jan 2011 11:05pm
Has this shut down already. Went past last night and it was shut
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Nightclub opens tonight in Liscard - 30th Jan 2011 11:15pm
From a member on Portofino Facebook

"what happened since New Year?? The place hasn't opened!"
Posted By: Wiggi77 Re: Nightclub opens tonight in Liscard - 30th Jan 2011 11:18pm
Could be wrong but sure it has been open after new year. But maybe not
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Nightclub opens tonight in Liscard - 31st Jan 2011 12:31am
The Liscard residents association had them closed I think. Too much rowdyness late at night. Don't quote me though.
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Nightclub opens tonight in Liscard - 31st Jan 2011 8:14am
Maybe there is a connection with the incident on New Years Eve.

Oh,what was it that happend?

Please remind me. think
Posted By: Tatey Re: Nightclub opens tonight in Liscard - 31st Jan 2011 8:32am
We never did get an answer to the incident question did we?
Posted By: snowshoes Re: Nightclub opens tonight in Liscard - 31st Jan 2011 12:38pm
Originally Posted by Tatey
Originally Posted by carcol2006

You think you are old? I remember the "Guinea" when it was the "Kraal Club" & only had soft drinks & coffee !!!
Met my first wife at the Kraal. Used to go next door to The Grand inbetween groups and fill the table with halfs. Under age of course
Posted By: 1971efc Re: Nightclub opens tonight in Liscard - 5th Mar 2011 6:48pm
that takes me back,, first clubs i ever went to THE GRAND and RJ`s and a kebab to stagger down harrison drive with afterwards
Posted By: Steve_Wallasey Re: Nightclub opens tonight in Liscard - 6th Mar 2011 7:48am
LOL, I remember seeing Def Leppard playing live in The Grand around 1979 and because nobody had heard of em back then, there was about 20 people in the place including the barstaff. What a shame when that wonderful building got demolished frown
Posted By: rocketqueen Re: Nightclub opens tonight in Liscard - 6th Mar 2011 8:11am
Originally Posted by Steve_Wallasey
LOL, I remember seeing Def Leppard playing live in The Grand around 1979 and because nobody had heard of em back then, there was about 20 people in the place including the barstaff. What a shame when that wonderful building got demolished frown

steve yes it such a shame....:(
Posted By: rocketqueen Re: Nightclub opens tonight in Liscard - 6th Mar 2011 8:15am
summer huh, why is the demolishing of a building like the grand funny
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Nightclub opens tonight in Liscard - 6th Mar 2011 12:25pm
Originally Posted by summer01
Originally Posted by rocketqueen
summer huh, why is the demolishing of a building like the grand funny
i don t know the night club its the 20 poeple . is that the one by the pier ?

The one near RJ's/Marine Park area
© Wirral-Wikiwirral