Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Wirral Egg Run celebrates 30 years. (March 28) - 4th Feb 2010 1:27pm
Wirral Egg Run hopes to be the best yet as it celebrates 30 years

WIRRAL'S famous Egg Run is set to be the biggest yet when thousands of bikers from across the UK and Europe fire up their engines for the event's 30th birthday.

The run, on Sunday, March 28, is expected to attract more than 10,000 riders and has grown from humble beginning to become one of the biggest in Europe.

Bikers will congregate as always in New Brighton at 11am before setting off on their 20-mile trip to Clatterbridge Hospital.

The run has come a long way from its origins of delivering Easter Eggs to sick children at Clatterbridge and Arrowe Park Hospitals, and has now become a fundraising event in its own right.

Around £26,000 was raised last year from advanced donations and bucket collections along the route.

But organisers are hoping to top this amount and make 2010 the most successful year to date.

Committee member Graham Heron said: "We really want to raise as much as we can for the children this year.

"Anyone can get involved as long as they have a fully licensed motorbike, protective clothing and a helmet."

The bikers will begin their route at New Brighton dips and will travel through Wallasey Village and up towards Hoylake Road.

They will then head through West Kirby, Caldy and Heswall and on to Thornton Hough, before arriving at Clatterbridge.

The run committee is appealing for volunteers marshalls. If you would like to help, drop an email to [email protected]

To make a donation or to find out more information about this year's event, visit
www.wirraleggrun.co.uk.
I did marshalling last year and have just volunteered again for this year.
thumbsup
I believe pics of me in the chicken suit are in this weeks Wirral News.

Havent seen it yet tho smile

paul
Posted By: Tilly Re: Wirral Egg Run celebrates 30 years. (March 28) - 24th Feb 2010 10:52pm
my brother and his friends at champion spark plugs upton, started the first ever egg run from the factory by taking eggs around to local hospitals on scooters/motorbikes, many years ago.
it's great it's still going on every year. happy
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Wirral Egg Run celebrates 30 years. (March 28) - 24th Feb 2010 11:00pm
Originally Posted by golfvr
I believe pics of me in the chicken suit are in this weeks Wirral News.

Havent seen it yet tho smile

paul
and your 'fact number 21' laugh
And the best fact is ... I wasnt gunna do it this year LOL
Posted By: hoseman Re: Wirral Egg Run celebrates 30 years. (March 28) - 25th Feb 2010 11:26pm
Hoseman will be there, like every year, on the corner of Leasowe Rd and pasture Rd, Moreton shore, BIG yellow Sprinter van!!!
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Wirral Egg Run celebrates 30 years. (March 28) - 26th Feb 2010 10:15am
I'll be there, probably with wheels and his go pro lol

Tying to get hold of green fluffy material to decorate the bike smile
Posted By: kimpri Re: Wirral Egg Run celebrates 30 years. (March 28) - 26th Feb 2010 10:57am
Originally Posted by BMW Joe

Hmmm, might be able to help you out there joe? wink
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Wirral Egg Run celebrates 30 years. (March 28) - 26th Feb 2010 11:04am
Originally Posted by kimpri1

Hmmm, might be able to help you out there joe? wink

Have you skinned Orville omg
material shop on borough road dirt cheap one pound a mile of material
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Wirral Egg Run celebrates 30 years. (March 28) - 26th Feb 2010 12:38pm
Cheers guys,

Might try that shop on Borough Road. eBay was the only place I could think.

Joe, you will have PM in a sec

try abakhan fabrics on Derby Road smile
Gonna be a bit cheeky and alert 'eggers' to the pirate run-similiar event in august.
Theres a post up in up+ coming events. Ta.
Green material, try the places that make/repair the pool and snooker tables...offcuts prob!!
Want it fluffier than snooker table felt lol
Joooooo I will check by mine tommoro for you.
Joe I have been to abakan

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Cheers mate.

Not as good as I expected. Do you know how much they were?

Will have a look on Borough Road tomorrow.

Box of little yellow chicks and bunny ears in poundland.
not sure how much mate, I think some are sold by the Kilo.
Posted By: golfvr Re: Wirral Egg Run celebrates 30 years. (March 28) - 17th Mar 2010 10:58pm
anyone notice me in the wirral news lol
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Wirral Egg Run celebrates 30 years. (March 28) - 18th Mar 2010 12:55am
Thought it was you.

Wikiwirral has a famous person on it's site, a moped riding, egg delivering chick lol
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wirral Egg Run celebrates 30 years. (March 28) - 26th Mar 2010 2:16pm
Wirral band, Hippys on the Hill, will be headlining the official Wirral Egg Run fundraiser at Darcy's, New Brighton, this Friday.

Tickets are £5 and doors open at 8pm with proceeds going towards this years egg run on Sunday.
good luck on Sunday everyone have A brilliant day
wooo I cant wait smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wirral Egg Run celebrates 30 years. (March 28) - 26th Mar 2010 6:39pm
The 2010 Wirral Egg Run takes place this Sunday with several thousand participants expected to take part on all manner of motorcycles.

The 20 mile route begins at New Brighton and makes its way through Wallasey Village, onto Leasowe Road and through to Moreton Cross before heading to Hoylake, West Kirby, Caldy and Heswall. The route then cuts across to Thornton Hough before finishing at Clatterbridge Hospital.

Spectators will also have the chance to help raise money, as official Wirral Egg Run collectors will be present along the route.

The run leaves New Brighton at 11am, but remember the clocks will have moved forward an hour for British Summer Time at 2am that morning.

THE GLOBE
Posted By: Wench Re: Wirral Egg Run celebrates 30 years. (March 28) - 26th Mar 2010 10:52pm
I'm Stewarding again - so if you see someone with crutches and a bright yellow vest, that's me grin
Hertz Rent a Car have donated a Van to the wirral egg run 2010!
Thanks Hertz should be a good day smile
Originally Posted by Wench
I'm Stewarding again - so if you see someone with crutches and a bright yellow vest, that's me grin

SPOTTED! lol
Yer I saw you too! well you would know cos I was talking to you lol
© Wirral-Wikiwirral