Forums
Posted By: Sallybear Sense of Sound charity bash - 8th Dec 2009 11:36pm
[Linked Image]

"CANCER CHARITY PREPARES TO 'CELEBRATE' ITS SENSE OF SOUND"

As a member of both Wiki Wirral and Sense of Sound I wanted to invite you all to our biggest gig of the year. We are going to be singing a large part of our repertoire as well as some well known carols. It will be a fantastic night, really hope to see some of you there. Sorry I can't offer you any cheap tickets but being a charity gig there are no concessions.

North West Cancer Research Fund has joined forces with two of Liverpool’s most recognisable names to create a Christmas spectacular to remember.

Sense of Sound Choir will host ‘Celebrate’ a Christmas concert like no other, set against the backdrop of the breathtakingly beautiful bar restaurant, Alma de Cuba.

The concert will be held on Thursday 10th December between 6pm and 8pm and guests are being invited to purchase their tickets before they sell out.

Anne Jackson, Chief Executive, North West Cancer Research Fund, said: “Sense of Sound Choir is enormously popular, winning fans wherever they go and we are very fortunate to be working with them on an event which will certainly get the festive season off to a tuneful start.

“Alma de Cuba is the perfect setting for a concert like Celebrate, there will definitely be some magic in the air.”

Jennifer John, Sense of Sound Choir Manager said "I am delighted that Sense of Sound Choir is supporting this NW Cancer Research fund again with our exciting Christmas repertoire as we did last year. The aim is to raise as much money as possible for the charity and what better way than to mix song with Christmas cheer in the glorious setting that is Alma de Cuba!"

‘Celebrate’ is being sponsored by Liverpool-based Armstrongs Solicitors who have pledged to raise £10,000 for North West Cancer Research.

Tickets for Celebrate cost £12 and include a glass of mulled wine and a mince pie. Tickets must be purchased in advance and are available by calling NWCRF on 0151 709 2919.

Dinner reservations are also available by contacting Alma de Cuba on 0151 702 7394, Alma de Cuba will donate £5 to NWCRF per reservation during the event.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral