Forums
Posted By: MissGuided Wirral Council Community Firework Displays - 20th Oct 2009 9:00am
Community Firework Displays 2009

This years community firework displays will be held on Thursday 5th November 2009 at the following venues.

Birkenhead Park, Park Drive, Birkenhead,

Central Park, Liscard Road, Wallasey,

Lingham Park, Town Meadow Lane, Moreton,

Mayer Park, The Village, Bebington,

Upton Park, Manor Drive, Upton,

Mersey Park, Downham Road, Tranmere,

Woodchurch Community Centre, Carr Bridge Road, Woodchurch,

Leasowe Adventure Playground, Leasowe.

Time: 6.30pm
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Wirral Council Community Firework Displays - 20th Oct 2009 9:08am
Fireworks!

Already got 3 big ones (pardon!)

Waiting for firework shops to open to buy more grin
Have you tried Cheshire Club Supplies, top of Biddy Ave?
Posted By: bert1 Re: Wirral Council Community Firework Displays - 20th Oct 2009 9:31am
Thats where everyone should go, to an organised firework display, a lot safer i think, how these things are still sold in shops to the general public is beyond me. I know most people are sensible in the handling of such things and yet year after year we still have accidents, bad burns, loss of eyes and disfigurements, and that's not including what the idiots get up to. Last year i thought it was quieter than most years, lets hope the penny is starting to drop and the public are finally realizing what a waste of money they are.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wirral Council Community Firework Displays - 20th Oct 2009 9:39am
What I never understand is why you still hear people in their back gardens still letting fireworks off AFTER the 5th! Do they not like sharing the night sky with other fireworks??

Idiots.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Wirral Council Community Firework Displays - 20th Oct 2009 10:40am
That's another thing, if there going to allow fireworks, they should only be let off on the 5th. Also last year i found a spent rocket out front, The rocket head was about 12" long and attached to something that resembled half a broom stick. If that hit someone on the head, it could kill them.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Wirral Council Community Firework Displays - 20th Oct 2009 11:36am
Originally Posted by bert1
we still have accidents, bad burns, loss of eyes and disfigurements, and that's not including what the idiots get up to.
A&E and surgeons would have no one to practice on if you totally banned them bert grin

Originally Posted by PaulWirral
What I never understand is why you still hear people in their back gardens still letting fireworks off AFTER the 5th! Do they not like sharing the night sky with other fireworks??

Idiots.
Sometimes its easier to have a bonfire party at the weekend so everyone can get pissed before they wander over to the explosives to light them grin
everey day till january from the 5th i hear fireworks night after night after night. it's always a bunch of chav's lighting them from the nannies. no wonder i'm getting sleep depraved.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Wirral Council Community Firework Displays - 20th Oct 2009 2:18pm
Originally Posted by Snooze
Have you tried Cheshire Club Supplies, top of Biddy Ave?

Been there, theyves only got a few

Got a few of the ones less than a tenner

The bigger ones looked crap and the biggest set, I wasnt paying £30 for 2!

Yeah, I agree, no need to set them off after the 5th until NYE.

A few testers before the 5th though don't go a miss
Joe they are selling them in Sainsbury's in Upton, probably other supermarkets are as well. I got some decent things from ASDA last year. Might just do hand-burners for the kids this year and drag them into the cold night for Birkenhead Park display raftl Although Ben watched a firework safety vid at school last week and got all excited about catherine wheels etc omg
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Wirral Council Community Firework Displays - 20th Oct 2009 3:16pm
We had a firework party + put one in the ground too deep. So it didnt take off+ we all had to run into the kitchen quick. Cud have been nasty.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Wirral Council Community Firework Displays - 20th Oct 2009 10:59pm
The ones in Sainsburys look poo and too expensive.

Tesco ones are poo aswell.

Not seen the Asda ones.

Normally cheaper and better from the fireworks shop in Wallasey
Originally Posted by PaulWirral

Idiots.

I dont think its fair to brand them idiots to be honest. last year i worked from 4pm on 5th til 7am on the 6th so i basically missed the whole bonfire night "celebration" and so did my little lad and missus. i dont see the harm in letting off a few rockets on the 6th because of things like this.
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: Wirral Council Community Firework Displays - 25th Oct 2009 4:19pm
Yerrrr should be good pix this year
© Wirral-Wikiwirral