Forums
Posted By: Anonymous club Zu - 17th Dec 2008 11:18pm
THE latest edition to Wirral’s vibrant club scene, Zu, opened its doors for the first time last weekend, setting a standard to take it into the New Year.

The former Stairways on Oliver Street West, Birkenhead, has undergone a major redesign and refurbishment and now boasts a refined lounge area, as well as a dance floor overseen by some of the region’s finest DJs.

The first floor now emanates a plush lounge bar feel, with plasma screens dotted around the walls, subdued lighting and leather booths, while resident DJs pump out an eclectic mix of R’n’B, funk and all the classics.

Step up a level onto the second floor and find DJs Dave Graham, Anton Powers, Lee Butler and Peter Crawford getting everyone up dancing.

Friday and Saturday saw revellers joined by fire-eaters and stilt-walkers, alongside live performances from WI-FI and 2funky2.

Promotions manager Peter Crawford said: “Clubbers that found room on the dance floor really seemed to appreciate the atmosphere and embrace the dimensions our new club has to offer.”

This weekend Zu Club will continue with its ambition to bring a superclub mentality to the peninsula, with Radio City’s Les Calvert lined up for Friday night.

Saturday will see the venue welcoming highly regarded club tour Sugar Dummy House, who will bring their unique blend of uplifting house and dance anthems.

And with events planned for Boxing Night and New Year’s Eve, it looks like Zu could become a permanent fixture on every self-respecting clubbers’ itinerary.

Posted By: Wench Re: club Zu - 17th Dec 2008 11:20pm
no
Posted By: Mondeo_Scott Re: club Zu - 17th Dec 2008 11:21pm
somad bring back to old stairways had many a good nights in there
Posted By: MGCraig Re: club Zu - 18th Dec 2008 1:35am
Even if they built the best club in the world.... I think Id still go over the Mersey for a nightout....or to chester....even back to Preston, before going JerkinBed. I think thats the view for a lot of people as well tbh.

Worthless venture?
Posted By: jonno40 Re: club Zu - 18th Dec 2008 7:33am
it should of stayed something similar to stairways , there are plenty of dance round your handbag clubs already.
Personally i would never got to birkenhead on a night out anyway Liverpool every time grin
Posted By: MissGuided Re: club Zu - 18th Dec 2008 9:27am
About 10 - 15 years ago I think Birkenhead was a bit safer in terms of the type of people who went out. Of course you stayed away from certain places anyway if I remember. But now I don't think I'd go near town for a night out. Too many scallies and their adorable brides (oompa loompas).

Zu will probably be a good description for yet another mindless dance club in Birkenhead.

Bring back the rock'n'roll!
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: club Zu - 18th Dec 2008 10:17am
Originally Posted by AlfaCraig
Even if they built the best club in the world.... I think Id still go over the Mersey for a nightout....or to chester

I think thats the view for a lot of people as well tbh.

Originally Posted by MissGuided
Too many scallies and their adorable brides (oompa loompas).

:WITHTHAT:
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: club Zu - 18th Dec 2008 12:37pm
raftl

The name says it all lol raftl
Posted By: Rossyboy Re: club Zu - 18th Dec 2008 12:57pm
think i saw the owners of this club the other week coming out of it, have to say they looked like typical birkenhead clubbers. fights galore in club zu i reckon
Posted By: DavidB Re: club Zu - 18th Dec 2008 4:28pm
I'd never set foot in Birkenhead for a night out, it's rubbish and very dangerous. I used to go to the Hotel California, which is good in small amounts. Summer is good as they have an outside bit. smile
I give Club Zu 6 months before it's closed again.
Posted By: SoundLad Re: club Zu - 19th Dec 2008 10:24pm
Stairways turned into a Dance club??? thats just wrong.... WTF has happened to Birkenhead anyway..
© Wirral-Wikiwirral