Forums
Posted By: spinking Wanted scorpio cosworth - 10th Sep 2005 1:54pm
If anybody knows were i can get one i need the engine and ecu's from it more than the car but it would help having it all together anyhelp would be great cheers.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wanted scorpio cosworth - 12th Sep 2005 1:46pm
Ebay mate, loads of them no there, was gonna buy a engine and box myself from there.
Posted By: spinking Re: Wanted scorpio cosworth - 12th Sep 2005 11:11pm
Looking at the mo most are doing around £800 to £1500 so might wait a while
Posted By: Dazza Re: Wanted scorpio cosworth - 13th Sep 2005 12:21am
Tupac there alot cheaper, i was looking into getting one about 2wks ago and they were only about £300 mate, but remember there automatic!
Posted By: spinking Re: Wanted scorpio cosworth - 13th Sep 2005 10:18am
How big a problem will it be swapping the engine and running it off the box i have on the 4i???
Posted By: scoop Re: Wanted scorpio cosworth - 13th Sep 2005 2:16pm
Whats the spec on the scorpio cos engine. Is it turbo'd? Its a V6 aint it? 300 pound is a bargain
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Wanted scorpio cosworth - 13th Sep 2005 2:50pm
2.9 V6 24V

The motor is based on the Essex engine with Cosworth working on the heads to get the 24V in there.

In the Granny its pretty lame due to the weight of the car, may go better in something that weighs less though wink
Posted By: spinking Re: Wanted scorpio cosworth - 13th Sep 2005 3:31pm
If its the engine i am thinking of its 195bhp But i thought it was a 2.0ltr.

Havnt found a 2lte all been 2.9 so i maybe wrong.

Scoop its a non turbo
Posted By: Scooby Re: Wanted scorpio cosworth - 13th Sep 2005 4:35pm
The granada Scorpio Cosworth engine is a V6 2.9 24 valve N/A engine and run typically on an auto box smack

They are a lazy engine but very smooth. It may pull well in a lighter car but in the scorpio they dont pull well at all, not what you would expect from the Cosworth branded engine at all.....

Maybe look at getting the flywheel seriously lightened ?? Get rid of some of the smoothness and gain some free reving power ??
Posted By: scoop Re: Wanted scorpio cosworth - 13th Sep 2005 4:46pm
"The 24-Valve Cosworth engine first appeared in the Ford Granada Mk3. It met the need for a modern V6 engine while keeping tooling costs down by using the Cologne block still manufactured by Ford (and still in production for the 12V).
The engine uses quad cams driven by a single duplex chain with the four valves actuated with hydraulic tappets arranged in a pent-roof combustion chamber, with a central platinum spark plug. The new aluminium cylinder heads were made and machined by Cosworth and Mahle pistons raised the combustion ratio to 9.7 to1. The con-rods were modified, now standard for the 12V as well, while to handle the new power the crankshaft was fillet-rolled to improve stiffness and balance weights added to improve smoothness. The engine was assembled at Cosworths’ Wellingborough plant and production was planned at 7,500 engines a year. The code for this engine is BOA.

Even without using variable induction systems, the 150bhp of the 12 valve was raised to 195bhp at 4,500rpm, while the torque soared from 172 ft/lb to an impressive 203 ft/lb with standard catalyst fitted. At the time of its introduction Ford claimed that no non-turbo 3 litre could better this high torque."

How pap is that? It needs a turbo. Aint even a 200BHP monster and it calls itself a V6. Doesnt deserve the name let alone cosworth. Mondeo ST200 engine would be better
© Wirral-Wikiwirral