Forums
Posted By: StuyMac Wanted - Rover 214 - 1st Dec 2004 1:10pm
The Denzil runabouts Tax and test come to their end at the end of Dec, and economical as the Mondy is, after 250k miles, I think its done its duty and needs a replacement.

What Im after to replace it, is a 214 Rover, preferably "L" reg or after, with the 16v "K" series engine. Not fussed on 3 or 5 doors, but it must be the 1.4 to get in the cheaper tax band.

Sooooo, if anyone knows of one for sale, please let me know smile

Thanks
Posted By: rossi-foci Re: Wanted - Rover 214 - 1st Dec 2004 2:15pm
i dont know of one for sale, but my mum got a 214sli from the auctions for 300 quid, an M reg one. its not too bad at all like, metallic paint and leccy windows n all that. ther quite nippy too (probs like a milkfloat compared to the skyline) but try goin to tha auctions n havin a poke around!
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Wanted - Rover 214 - 1st Dec 2004 2:23pm
Been looking for the last few weeks, but all they have had are 216's and they break the higher tax band frown

Theres a few on ebay - the SEi's - these have the 1/2 leather as well wink Few going for £300-£400 but they are all miles away frown

The 1.4 shouldnt be much different on the MPG that the Denzil, and Im led to belive the 1.4 "K" series engine pops out 115bhp!

A mate has the slightly newer 400 (bubble shape), same motor (1.4) and a VTR had real trouble passing on the motorway last week - literally crawled past 1mph faster.
Posted By: Scooby Re: Wanted - Rover 214 - 1st Dec 2004 5:02pm
K Series engine smack Head Gasket problems....

Cheap cars though
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Wanted - Rover 214 - 6th Dec 2004 11:46am
Managed to get hold of one on Saturday, "M" reg, 214SEi - 3 door smile

1/2 leather, elec windows, elec sunroof, alloys, new exhaust, new tyres, Nightfire red and 58k Miles. No rust on the car, and the interior is spotless smile

Gonna use the Denzil till the end of the month, and get the rover on the road in January smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral