Forums
Posted By: muzzy2 Wanted, Green wheelie bin - 29th Jul 2019 5:08pm
Anyone have one they no longer need, please.
Posted By: granny Re: Wanted, Green wheelie bin - 30th Jul 2019 3:31pm

Green ? That's general waste. Surely everyone would need one.
Posted By: muzzy2 Re: Wanted, Green wheelie bin - 30th Jul 2019 4:04pm
Yes, of course, but I have seen adverts several times saying someone wants to get rid of one.
Going back to the good old days when we were 'allowed' 2 bins before we were rudely deprived !
Posted By: granny Re: Wanted, Green wheelie bin - 30th Jul 2019 4:13pm

Oh, I didn't know we could have two at one time. Hope you get one.
Posted By: muzzy2 Re: Wanted, Green wheelie bin - 30th Jul 2019 4:24pm
It was a long time ago, well before the recycling grey bins were introduced. The council only had the green ones to empty each week so 2 were OK. Then the grey ones came and it all had to be changed to alternate weeks!
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Wanted, Green wheelie bin - 30th Jul 2019 8:34pm
You just need to justify having two bins to the Council, if you have for instance four or more people living there, a high maintenance property, drowning in nappies or whatever.

They tried to cut everybody down to one not long ago but it was just a matter of phoning up, if you didn't they said they would remove one bin if you had two.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Wanted, Green wheelie bin - 31st Jul 2019 9:51pm
just put them out in the street, the binmen will empty them. On occasions i forgot to put mine out i just wheel it around the corner which has a collection the next day which is very handy. Muzzy it might be easier getting hold of a brown one but you would have to paint it green !
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Re: Wanted, Green wheelie bin - 1st Aug 2019 10:06am
You can order a new one online, they cost £40 IIRC.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral