Forums
Posted By: Pete_M Car Wanted - 27th Nov 2018 12:25pm
I'm looking at buying a second hand car the first week of December, I've looked at GumTree and some Facebook pages but it's a mine field out there. Can anyone recommend a local car dealer ( Wallasey/Birkenhead).
Thanks for looking.

Pete
Posted By: lincle Re: Car Wanted - 27th Nov 2018 2:34pm
Last two cars bought from Irby Motors,Pete. Worth a visit
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Car Wanted - 27th Nov 2018 3:41pm
Depends what market you are in

Cleveland Street Car Sales in Birkenhead are good, guy is pretty conscientious.

Frankby Motors and Irby Motors are ok, never heard any complaints, relative buys from Irby.

I was impressed with Sovereign Cars recently (very nearly bought a car), Seabank Road, New Brighton. You can't negotiate much on price but the prices are very realistic for trade.

Stoneacre New Brighton are a good company (much to my surprise), screen price a bit high but you can negotiate, sales guys can be a bit sales-talky (sit and bear it) but after sales is good and their servicing/repair/MOT plans are really good. Part of quite a big company.

My current recommend for the higher price bracket although a distance away is Wilmslow Car Sales, guy is really 100% keen to uphold his reputation, people buy cars blind off him from all over the place, even Ireland. Prices are pretty good for trade, relative bought one recently.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Car Wanted - 29th Nov 2018 9:51am
I'm thinking of selling my car. 2008 Peugeot 308 1.4 petrol. MOT until next July, about 50,000 miles, in amazing condition with lots of service history and had things done on it when it needed them as my alter ego "The Peugeot Man". I've just put a new starter on as old one was a bit lazy.

I'm selling because I just don't use it much these days. We already have a second car in the household and I tend to just use the train for work as its much easier than the regular battle to get into Liverpool.

Drop me a PM if you're interested.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral