Forums
Posted By: spgb1a Shedroofing felt fixings - 30th Jan 2018 12:59pm
Hi guys

Just making enquiries guys,into how to make my shed roofing felt more secure on the edges besides the clout nails, such as some sort of corner brace/bracket even something that runs along the whole of the edge of the roof itself if you get my drift, the clout nails are not enough especially after the recent storms we have had

Thnx for along to time to read this post

Cheers
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Shedroofing felt fixings - 30th Jan 2018 1:19pm
The shed kits often put a bit of treated wood along. Roofing battens (laths) are treated and cheap but you may want to pre-drill them so the screws/nails don't split them.

If you have any roof seal handy, that is pretty good at stiffening up the felt. Nailed felt often leaks a bit of water at the nail holes and I like to seal them up anyway.
Posted By: spgb1a Re: Shedroofing felt fixings - 30th Jan 2018 2:42pm
Hi m8

Thnxf for that , what do you reckon fir trees buttons , plastic buttons 2 inch long???

Cheers
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Shedroofing felt fixings - 30th Jan 2018 3:41pm
Wind could probably shift them (they always stick when you want to release them and fall out when you don't), I'd be reluctant to drill holes that big, with nail holes you can always put a screw in afterwards, with screw holes you can stick a bigger screw in.

Is the wood behind thick enough to take the size of a fir tree diameter and length?
Posted By: spgb1a Re: Shedroofing felt fixings - 12th Feb 2018 7:09pm
all i need now is a gen handy man who can do the roof, as im semi disabled and would not be allowed to climb onto shed roofs,any ideas guyz please
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Shedroofing felt fixings - 12th Feb 2018 7:59pm
dont know where my previous post went.....you can get longer felt nails but you may go through the roof timbers. PMd you spg
© Wirral-Wikiwirral