Forums
Posted By: TheComputerLab Something to get a drone off a roof! - 21st Jan 2017 4:56pm
Hi. Nephew has a drone stuck on a roof. Has anyone got like 20m rodding wire or fishing pole or similar I can borrow?
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Something to get a drone off a roof! - 21st Jan 2017 6:02pm
how about another drone with wire and hook? or ladders?. Is it likely to break if you just knock it off a roof. . Have used a fishing rod and reel to cast a line to retrieve things.
Posted By: Salmon Re: Something to get a drone off a roof! - 21st Jan 2017 10:12pm
Would drain rods do the job? Most sets are app 9-10m so 3 sets coupled together could get there. I have as set you are welcome to borrow.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Something to get a drone off a roof! - 21st Jan 2017 10:57pm
Fire Brigade Training exercise
Posted By: granny Re: Something to get a drone off a roof! - 21st Jan 2017 11:18pm

Spider man costume ?
Posted By: Beethoven Re: Something to get a drone off a roof! - 22nd Jan 2017 12:10am
Why not ask a roofer to retrieve it for you? They shouldn't charge too much.
Posted By: TheComputerLab Re: Something to get a drone off a roof! - 22nd Jan 2017 7:24am
Thanks folks. Modern day problems hey! I have a ladder that's too short, rodding wires not long enough. And a car with no roof rack to get longer ladders! A friend has a 10m fishing pole which is my first effort. Not sure if it will be long enough. It may break when falling but will get a couple of people ready to catch! I did consider another drone and hook but that could make it a very expensive day!
Posted By: TheComputerLab Re: Something to get a drone off a roof! - 22nd Jan 2017 9:08am
Does anyone here have a set of ladders long enough and want to earn £20 quid?
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Something to get a drone off a roof! - 22nd Jan 2017 11:28am
Can you give a street name so can view onstreetview .20m sounds like 3 floors . is it in gutter . ive got triple ladders but they are not 3 floors and just reach eaves on normal house. I could cast o line onto roof but got to be careful of windows . can use lightest weight possible to avoid damage to slates and the drone. Quarter to half ounce should be ok.will pm my number but your over limit
Posted By: TheComputerLab Re: Something to get a drone off a roof! - 22nd Jan 2017 7:48pm
Originally Posted by fish5133
Can you give a street name so can view onstreetview .20m sounds like 3 floors . is it in gutter . ive got triple ladders but they are not 3 floors and just reach eaves on normal house. I could cast o line onto roof but got to be careful of windows . can use lightest weight possible to avoid damage to slates and the drone. Quarter to half ounce should be ok.will pm my number but your over limit

Thanks. Good news the drone is down safe and sound! A hero gent with a triple ladder saved the day!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral