Forums
Posted By: lincle anything with castors - 27th Nov 2016 4:06pm
I need a small table/ chest of drawers in fact anything strong & approx 2ft x 1ft 6. Must have castors as it will be moved on a regular basis supporting a heavy item.Not bothered about scratches as long as reasonable price.Can collect if not to far from Moreton,I dont drive so would have to ask neighbour. Thanks
Posted By: venice Re: anything with castors - 27th Nov 2016 6:00pm
Is it something that will be on display indoors and therefore need to look presentable , or is it just a platform to transport something from A to B and then be out of sight , and how high does it have to be ?
Posted By: lincle Re: anything with castors - 27th Nov 2016 8:43pm
Hi Venice,it will be used indoors only & height approx 18 inches.Ive renovated a dolls house for my 3 year old Grandchild but want to move it from living room when she's not visiting.The house is very heavy & wooden
Posted By: venice Re: anything with castors - 27th Nov 2016 9:16pm
Ah, what I have wouldnt be suitable Im afraid ,thought it might just be for a large planter or something, its rough cut plain wood just over 3ft long and 18" wide on casters a ft high . Its just the frame, would still have needed a piece of ply to fit on top . I understand your problem, we hoik around our old dolls house when the grandchildren come too!!
Posted By: lincle Re: anything with castors - 27th Nov 2016 9:40pm
Thanks anyway Venice.Ive been haunting charity shops so still hoping to get something
Posted By: fish5133 Re: anything with castors - 27th Nov 2016 9:52pm
Castors £2.10 for 4 at toolstation or cheaper plastic twin wheel ones £1.59 for 4.

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Ironmongery/d170/Castors/sd3036
Posted By: lincle Re: anything with castors - 28th Nov 2016 8:23am
Thanks Fish, Worth thinking about ,probably easier to find a table without castors & fit them
Posted By: granny Re: anything with castors - 29th Nov 2016 10:41am

Hi Lincle, how about an old tea trolley. Some stronger than others.

Examples; http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/tea-trolley

phone up the charity shops, junk shops and house clearance. You never know what they will have.
Posted By: lincle Re: anything with castors - 29th Nov 2016 11:57am
Hi Granny,looked at a couple of trolleys but they didn't look strong enough.Ive left my number with some shops so still hopeful. If anyone out there spots something please let me know. Zimmers excluded !
Posted By: goodoldphil Re: anything with castors - 29th Nov 2016 6:09pm
Hi Lincle, I've just come in from shopping at Aldi and they have a Trolley do;;y there that would suit you. It has big strong castors with an 18mm thick board on them, the board is 400mmx400mm square, and is probably about 8/10 inches high - maybe these aren't exactly what you want but the thing is certainly very robust and you could probably adapt it. Incidentally, it is priced at £14.99 - I hope this is of some use to you. smile
Posted By: lincle Re: anything with castors - 30th Nov 2016 10:03am
Hi Everyone, Firstly thanks to you all can I ask you to keep the suggestions coming.The Aldi trolley wasn't what I was looking for .I need the house to be raised a good couple of feet off the floor so my Grandchild doesn't need to lie on her tummy to see inside it.
Posted By: granny Re: anything with castors - 30th Nov 2016 10:22am
Can someone take you to Llanddudno, if this is any good ? £5

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/uOAAAOSw9eVXUEAi/s-l1600.jpg[/img]

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...+leaf+coffe+table+on+wheels&_sacat=0
Posted By: cools Re: anything with castors - 30th Nov 2016 11:47am
Try putting a wanted post on freecycle site Lincle it gets results sometimes otherwise I think find a table in a junk shop and do the Castor's as Fish suggests.
Posted By: dustymclean Re: anything with castors - 30th Nov 2016 12:43pm
Yours if OK Prenton 15" width 24" length 15" high. Send pm please.

Attached File
IMG_3146.JPG  (268 downloads)
Attached File
IMG_3147.JPG  (265 downloads)
Posted By: dustymclean Re: anything with castors - 30th Nov 2016 2:46pm
actual height is 18""
Posted By: lincle Re: anything with castors - 30th Nov 2016 6:53pm
Hi Dusty I've pm'd you but don't know if You got it. The table looks fine but a relative has told me he has one.Ive not seen it yet & can't contact him until tomorrow afternoon.Will it be ok if I contact you again then. Thanks
Posted By: dustymclean Re: anything with castors - 30th Nov 2016 9:14pm
No message no problem. I am busy the next couple of days,so just let me know.Cheers!
Posted By: lincle Re: anything with castors - 1st Dec 2016 7:50pm
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions .Dusty thanks so much but I've been given one by a relative .
Posted By: lincle Re: anything with castors - 2nd Dec 2016 4:58pm
HiDusty Sorry to be a pain but the relatives table isn't at all suitable so if you still have could I take you up on your offer? I have no room left to p.m you so if you let me have your number I will ring you.Thanks
Posted By: dustymclean Re: anything with castors - 2nd Dec 2016 7:14pm
PM Sent (Lincle)
Posted By: lincle Re: anything with castors - 6th Dec 2016 10:41am
Hi Dusty, Thanks so much,table is perfect . Shelf is an additional bonus.
Posted By: dustymclean Re: anything with castors - 6th Dec 2016 10:53am
Glad to help Cheers
© Wirral-Wikiwirral