Forums
Posted By: spider Wanted 12v 7 amp hour lead acid sealed battery - 11th Jun 2014 9:36pm
Wanted 12v 7 amp hour battery with spade connectors please .for project ..wirral Thanks
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wanted 12v 7 amp hour lead acid sealed battery - 12th Jun 2014 8:52am
Presume it's the Yuasa type SLA battery ? A handy source - free or for a couple of beer tokens, is a friendly burglar alarm Engineer. They usually change the cells on a routine visit and give the "old" ones the heave-ho. Oodles of life left in them ! Worth a try.
Seen lots at the car boots, usually between £3 and £5, they are normally in good condition, only had one fail after 3months, If I go looking, I usually take a test meter with me, I get looked at as if I'm loopy, but it saves spending on something that may not hold a charge.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Wanted 12v 7 amp hour lead acid sealed battery - 12th Jun 2014 9:16am
There's an Ebay seller based in Stockport that sells all shapes and sizes of lead acid batteries, quick delivery too. I buy regularly.

I've got a couple of used ones here but I'm not sure if they're any good.
All sorted now,got the batteries...........Thanks.....All sorted now....
Originally Posted by Pinzgauer
Presume it's the Yuasa type SLA battery ? A handy source - free or for a couple of beer tokens, is a friendly burglar alarm Engineer. They usually change the cells on a routine visit and give the "old" ones the heave-ho. Oodles of life left in them ! Worth a try.

I get all mine from Moreton Alarms for free. They're glad to give them away.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral