Forums
Posted By: Jingojay helicoil kit /tap and die kit - 16th Dec 2013 1:29am
Hi the other day my exhaust fell off me scooter and it took the thread out of the barrel where the exhaust meets the engine so I just wanted to no dose any one have a helicoil kit or a tap and die kit witch will cut a new thread that I can lend.
I luckily got one bolt back in which is holding my exhaust in now but it's blowing like mad and it's just a matter of time before it dose it agen so can any one plz help thanks
Posted By: Anonymous Re: helicoil kit /tap and die kit - 16th Dec 2013 11:28am
Helicoil Kits are pretty cheap(ish) on fleabay. Just checked and there are a few around £8.50 inc.postage. Sod's Law says that the other stud/bolt won't be far behind, so you'll have the kit all ready for the repeat sketch. You didn't say what diameter you want, but I guess for a scooter, it's not going to be too big. I might be teaching my Grandmother etc... but take care with the taps. They are reeeeel brittle. If one breaks in the hole, best throw the scooter into low earth orbit !! grin
Posted By: Jingojay Re: helicoil kit /tap and die kit - 16th Dec 2013 1:44pm
I no I seen them on eBay but need it like today lol and ya the other one has gone now as u said lol so need help asap thanks
© Wirral-Wikiwirral