Forums
Posted By: x_plore wanted...Cheap DSLR camera complete - 6th Jul 2013 8:46pm
Hi all, im after a cheap and complete digital slr camera, as im a beginner and dont want to pay 100's!

Im looking to pay around £100 if thats possible? Thanks in advance
Posted By: NestonCYC Re: wanted...Cheap DSLR camera complete - 8th Jul 2013 1:48pm
Have you considered a bridge type DSLR (or "superzoom)? Argos have a sale on at the moment and you can pick a Fuji s4300 (14Mp and 26x Zoom lens and 720p video recording amongst other features) up for £99.

Whilst such cameras do not provide the absolute image quality of a full DLSR they do offer considerably more capability and flexibility than a standard "point and shoot" compact camera and are ideal starter cameras in my opinon. After a while you could look to trade up as you get more practised and with a clearer idea of the specification level and features important to you.

I have just purchased a similar camera, but from the next model range up with a 50x zoom lens that also has a macro and wide angle capability built in and the pictures it produces (for the cost of the camera / lens) are astonishing. If I get the time and can figure it out I'll add some pics to the gallery here.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: wanted...Cheap DSLR camera complete - 8th Jul 2013 1:55pm
+1 to a bridge camera. They can also hold their prices well if you do decide to move on to a full D-SLR.

The Fuji S5600 was a popular choice a few years back.
Posted By: Tony_1985 Re: wanted...Cheap DSLR camera complete - 8th Jul 2013 2:47pm
I've had a couple of Fuji bridge cameras and am currently with the Fuji Finepix S2980

Nice and easy to use with most of the features that come with DSLR cameras but at a fraction of the price.

I paid £129.99 from Argos about 6 months ago for it, but its available brand new for around £90

In fact Currys, Tesco Direct & Amazon all have it for sale on thier websites for £89
Posted By: minicooper Re: wanted...Cheap DSLR camera complete - 8th Jul 2013 3:10pm
I have a Sony A200 DSLR with extras such as two big lenses,batteries,a remote control,filters,a grip, comes with two cases and a handbook. also an arctic butterfly!
Posted By: Grizzle Re: wanted...Cheap DSLR camera complete - 8th Jul 2013 3:31pm
I have this in the For Sale section

https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums...lm_S3300_14mp_Digital_Ca.html#Post805073
Posted By: x_plore Re: wanted...Cheap DSLR camera complete - 8th Jul 2013 4:45pm
With the bridge cameras, can you adjust shutter speed and does it Have bulb mode?
Posted By: Grizzle Re: wanted...Cheap DSLR camera complete - 8th Jul 2013 7:23pm
The S300 specs are here for you.

http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/specifications/s/finepix_s3300/
Posted By: NestonCYC Re: wanted...Cheap DSLR camera complete - 8th Jul 2013 7:49pm
You would need to check the individual camera specs for the make / model you are considering. Most offer manual shutter / aperture control / focus control, fewer - but I think that there are some, offer a full "bulb" option - others do not provide bulb as such but long(ish) shutter speeds which would be suitable for some aspects of night photography.

Incidentally, I found this site useful for comparing cameras once I narrowed down my requirements and possibles.
Posted By: Tony_1985 Re: wanted...Cheap DSLR camera complete - 8th Jul 2013 10:39pm
the majority, if not all, bridge cameras have the ability to adjust the shutter speed
Posted By: Gibbo Re: wanted...Cheap DSLR camera complete - 9th Jul 2013 12:40pm
This just came up on Hot Uk Deals:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008N8NZC6/ref=nosim

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/pan...m_term=0_2bddc763e3-b48a5109c5-275448177
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: wanted...Cheap DSLR camera complete - 9th Jul 2013 1:23pm
dont buy a bridge, you're going to want a dslr in the not so distant future so i'd recommend buying one now, those fuji cameras are all the same, ive had 3 of them, you buy one and a new model will come out a month later, steer clear and get a second hand dslr.
Posted By: x_plore Re: wanted...Cheap DSLR camera complete - 9th Jul 2013 6:16pm
Just want to say a big thank you to you all for your comments and words of advice.

I have now bought a fantastic DLSR thanks to minicooper, and for a great price smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral