Forums
Posted By: lizzie271 wanted - 27th Feb 2013 4:07pm
Any Lego please
Posted By: Snodvan Re: wanted - 27th Feb 2013 4:37pm
MAYBE a few "handsfull" in a box of old toys that lurks in the spare bedroom. The lad is now 26 and lives in the USA so I am quite sure he does not want them any more. I will have a look next week when the Mrs is back home and can help, and will post a message

Snod
Posted By: catlover Re: wanted - 27th Feb 2013 5:34pm
Lego is very collectable and fetches very good money at car boot sales

to post "any lego please "without an explanation seems fishy to me
Posted By: kimpri Re: wanted - 27th Feb 2013 5:43pm
Originally Posted by catlover

why?
Posted By: j_demo Re: wanted - 27th Feb 2013 5:55pm

tbh i agree

seen the prics this stuff sells for on ebay!
Posted By: catlover Re: wanted - 27th Feb 2013 6:17pm
Because I think it would be wrong for a dealer to ask members of this forum for stuff which he or she would then resell..there is no suggestion in my post other than it seems a bit fishy.....does that explain?????
Posted By: kimpri Re: wanted - 27th Feb 2013 7:19pm
Because I think it would be wrong for a dealer to ask members of this forum for stuff which he or she would then resell..there is no suggestion in my post other than it seems a bit fishy.....does that explain?????
Public Disputes - Profit clicky
Posted By: catlover Re: wanted - 27th Feb 2013 8:32pm
sorry...don't understand your response
Posted By: Mark Re: wanted - 28th Feb 2013 7:38am
Kimpri directed you to the forsale forum Header.
In that header you can scroll down to "Profit" and read the following statement.

Public Disputes - Profit
Were all allowed to make a profit regardless of the previous origin or cost of an item listed. If a member bought this item on wiki and sold it on to another member that's profit. If i bought an umbrella i'm sure i could resell it for more when the weather was not so good. If a seller bought the item on e-bay or an external site that's no one else's business. We advise you to read the buyers sellers guide below.

Its an intresting read if you have the time wink
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: wanted - 28th Feb 2013 8:22am

Click on the button above your post.

(the word that says "clicky").
Posted By: Willo_ Re: wanted - 28th Feb 2013 9:20am

Public Disputes - Profit
Were all allowed to make a profit regardless of the previous origin or cost of an item listed. If a member bought this item on wiki and sold it on to another member that's profit. If i bought an umbrella i'm sure i could resell it for more when the weather was not so good. If a seller bought the item on e-bay or an external site that's no one else's business. We advise you to read the buyers sellers guide below.

Public Disputes : Origins of an Item
This is a Private NOT Public Matter. If a seller gets the item from a free site or any site and chooses to sell it that is up to them. If a member is re-listing an item previously listed by another member for a higher price (See Profit Above). If you have concerns about a item listed then please contact the forum moderator, or Admin but please note as stated above we do not get involved with disputes between buyer or seller. (see Profit above). We advise you to read the buyers sellers guide below.

Posted By: catlover Re: wanted - 28th Feb 2013 10:58am
The post read "Any lego please"" Morally I believe it is wrong to "beg" item(s) from another Wiki member to sell at a profit at any time...Iam merely pointing out that Lego is very collectable and collects a high price at the car boot sales I visit.......I think it is right that prospective "givers" should be made aware of this before they part with their ....am I from a different age or what?????
Posted By: Willo_ Re: wanted - 28th Feb 2013 11:20am
I see no begging in original post.
So catlover you dont like people asking for things, send request to mark to close wanted section then. raftl

So every member that asks for something in wanted section, should put up a list of the reasons they want item they are requesting.

It is none of your business why a member wants an item or what that member intends to do with the item.

If you are unsure of anything, then fell free to Click Here and things will be explained more clearly for you.
Posted By: lizzie271 Re: wanted - 28th Feb 2013 12:06pm
Thanks very much for any help,the reason is my neice has just moved from down south with two young boys,they are struggling,I was trying to get the boys a couple of things,but as you know they are very expensive to buy,I dont mind paying a small amount,thanks for looking
Posted By: lizzie271 Re: wanted - 28th Feb 2013 12:15pm
Thankyou very much for trying to help me ,I dont mind paying some money for them,they are not for resale,just to help my nieces two boys,thanks again
Posted By: catlover Re: wanted - 28th Feb 2013 1:54pm
Burgerchips...maybe you should read my posts thoroughly before replying...first of all as this is an open forum I have every right to comment as I wish, just as you have and if I wish to query something then I will...you should note the use of commas around the words beg and givers, maybe you dont understand the grammatical indication there, if you don't then feel free to ask!!!!!
Posted By: Headcoat_TheMrs Re: wanted - 28th Feb 2013 2:20pm
Did you mean "inverted comma " ? Anyway there are also rules on picking up on peoples grammar, may be you should read that too. Not nice
Posted By: pokerchamp Re: wanted - 28th Feb 2013 2:31pm
how the hell has somebody asking for lego turned into an argument?this site is getting pathetic with people just coming on here to pick and argue with anybody they can!
Posted By: catlover Re: wanted - 28th Feb 2013 2:34pm
No, as there was more than one it is in the plural so commas is correct ....judging by burgerchip's previous post I felt it right to keep things simple rather than use big words like inverted..
do I have to stay behind after school now and do 100 lines now Miss?
Posted By: catlover Re: wanted - 28th Feb 2013 2:39pm
pokerchamp you are righot..the original intention was not tocause an argument merely to point somehting out ...I will now withdraw from this topic
© Wirral-Wikiwirral