Forums
Posted By: newmover Multi-fuel stove/fire fitter? - 5th Oct 2011 12:29am
Hi, I am going to get my old gas fire removed and want to put a multi fuel stove in it's place. Has anyone had this done, who did you use to install it etc and what did it cost? I know the fires I can get for around £500 but it's the cost of fitting that's going to be the costly bit. Also swell as a fitter, do you recommend a certain brand of stove? Advice will be much appreciated.
Posted By: Tatey Re: Multi-fuel stove/fire fitter? - 5th Oct 2011 6:05am
"Jotun" seem to be good but expensive. New Brighton is a smokeless zone, so you will need a stove with a catalytic converter I think. Why not talk to the guy on Seabank Rd & pick his brains for free?
Posted By: dodie Re: Multi-fuel stove/fire fitter? - 5th Oct 2011 7:25am
the worst part is the class 1 flue & ventalation
Posted By: kamikazi Re: Multi-fuel stove/fire fitter? - 5th Oct 2011 7:02pm
I,ve done this in a few houses, you will need a liner fitting and really the fitter should be HETAS approved, this means that you get a tag fitted near to the utilities, and it passes all relevant building regs.

There's quite a few idiots and blaggers out there, I had one local guy measure my latest install using his thumb with one eye closed from a distance of 80 feet. (he was about 12 foot out in his favour). We didnt use him.

If you want heat, go scandinavian, the latest UK carron range are okay but to be honest arent a patch on products like skantherm.

I used a local fitter and they were okay but really messy, if you need any info including who to avoid then please do dm me.

K
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Multi-fuel stove/fire fitter? - 5th Oct 2011 7:16pm
I'd go for a morso stove,made with very thick cast,unlike some.Will out last most other stoves,and the boiler works well for adding radiators.
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Multi-fuel stove/fire fitter? - 5th Oct 2011 7:33pm
Here's a pic of the Morso squirrel model. looks a bit strange cos its on a boat.

Attached picture phpgWvRNFPM (1).jpg
Posted By: newmover Re: Multi-fuel stove/fire fitter? - 8th Oct 2011 8:43am
Thanks for your replies, like the morso but above my price range really. Have had a few quotes and 1200 seems to be standard for them all.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral