Forums
Posted By: Colt743 Apple ipad 2 smart cover - 6th Sep 2011 2:27pm
Hi all,

Im looking for an ipad 2 smart cover if possible. Not too fussed on colour.

Thanks
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: Apple ipad 2 smart cover - 6th Sep 2011 2:37pm
Same as ipad one covers mate,

I got mine a year back and it already had the pre drilled holes for the forward facing camera on gen 2, shows how far in advance they are thinking. Ipad2 was done dusted as they where bringing the cases out for the first ones

Try ebay or HMV, PC world, between 5 - 15 spondoolies i'd imagine
Posted By: TheDr Re: Apple ipad 2 smart cover - 6th Sep 2011 7:06pm
The covers are slightly different, the iPad2 ones will usually stretch enough to go on the iPad1, but the holes aren't in the (proper) covers for 1 and they're needed on the 2.

Then again, I have the proper 2 cover with the correct hole in the front, but it doesn't have one in the back.

What sort of cover are you after, a silicon (rubber) type one or a full leather type case? Maybe I can pic one up for you (cheaper) tomorrow when I'm at the suppliers.
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: Apple ipad 2 smart cover - 6th Sep 2011 7:47pm
Right as per Dr, i have the second one, with camera hole in fromt but not back, hard plastic rather than silicone, my bad
Posted By: Wheels Re: Apple ipad 2 smart cover - 6th Sep 2011 9:19pm
I have the iPad 2 in a iPad 1 cover and it falls out sometimes so no they are not the same.
Posted By: Colt743 Re: Apple ipad 2 smart cover - 7th Sep 2011 10:45am
Thanks for all the replies guys!

It was the "Smart" type cover. Its the one that has a magnetic hinge on the side and can be folded back onto intself to form a stand.

The Apple ones are £35 Retail.

After searching ebay i managed to find a nice purple one for £10 inc postage

Thanks again
Posted By: TheDr Re: Apple ipad 2 smart cover - 8th Sep 2011 2:03am
No worries, glad you got it sorted.

If you ever fancy a change of colour there "is" a place on the Wirral that has them in stock now, various colours for £9 laugh
Posted By: Nigel Re: Apple ipad 2 smart cover - 8th Sep 2011 7:39am
Originally Posted by Colt743
Hi all,

Im looking for an ipad 2 smart cover if possible. Not too fussed on colour.

Thanks

PC World/Currys on the Croft in Brombourough or Carphone warehouse (by the O2 shop at Cheshire oaks).
© Wirral-Wikiwirral