Forums
Posted By: DONNA Wanted electric hook up please - 28th Jul 2011 8:30pm
my friend is coming camping with me and she needs a hook up I thought I'd ask on here before she goes and buys one thanks.
Posted By: keving Re: Wanted electric hook up please - 28th Jul 2011 11:56pm
just buy a BLUE 240v round external plug and shove it on a normal extension lead. cost you like £4

kevo
Posted By: Tatey Re: Wanted electric hook up please - 29th Jul 2011 6:31am
Do not do as keving suggests, that is dangerous. Make sure your friend gets the correct item. Research the information available on the internet first.
Posted By: golfvr Re: Wanted electric hook up please - 29th Jul 2011 8:02am
i may have one in work, if so you can have it for £free smile
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Wanted electric hook up please - 29th Jul 2011 8:08am
Hi Donna

Do you mean the cable with round blue plugs at both ends usually used for caravan electric hook up or do you mean the camping ones with blue plug one end and socket box other end with built in circuit breaker?

You'll find that if you try to use anything else apart from the above on a site, they'll more than likely not allow it.

[Linked Image]
Usually about £20 for a 10m cable
£20.34 inc delivery

[Linked Image]
Between £50-£60 on internet
Cheapest I could find new online (not including P&P) £49.99 with free delivery or Try bidding on ebay
Posted By: DONNA Re: Wanted electric hook up please - 29th Jul 2011 4:43pm
Hi thanks I dont think I will try a DIY one as I'm likely to electrocute myself, I did mean the one that you take camping that has plug sockets on the other end, if you have one golfvr id really appreciate it thank you.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wanted electric hook up please - 29th Jul 2011 7:36pm
If golfvr doesn't have one, I have one you can borrow.
Posted By: DONNA Re: Wanted electric hook up please - 29th Jul 2011 8:08pm
Brilliant thank you I will wait for golfvr to get back to me if he doesnt I would really appreciate it thanks.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wanted electric hook up please - 29th Jul 2011 8:12pm
No probs, PM me if you want it.
Posted By: DONNA Re: Wanted electric hook up please - 5th Aug 2011 4:50pm
unfortunately i have been let down by my friend regarding borrowing an electric hook up for tomorrow if anyone has one that I could use for the week I'd appreciate it thanks
Posted By: reddragon Re: Wanted electric hook up please - 5th Aug 2011 5:39pm
Hi Donna
I have a hook up lead you may borrow its the type like in the top picture if thats whats your looking for im in Bromborough
Posted By: DONNA Re: Wanted electric hook up please - 5th Aug 2011 10:13pm
Thank you for the offer but I called the campsite and the lady that runs it has kindly offered to lend us one that she has so my friend will have electric for the week and thank you crocodile for going to the trouble of going in the attic to get yours I appreciate it and apologise for putting you to the trouble thanks again xx
© Wirral-Wikiwirral