Forums
Posted By: DavidB PC Power thingy - 27th Apr 2011 7:19pm
The big 230v box that sits in the back of the PC. Mine's gone kaput (high pitched squeal and that's all it does) and need the comp for work.
It's the SATA type with newish connectors! Can pick up, thanks!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: PC Power thingy - 27th Apr 2011 8:04pm
What wattage do you require? This guy - https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/505565/Computer_s_and_bits.html#Post505565 - may have something for you.

You can pick them up for a few quid a pop on the net (ebuyer and the like), but imho, if its a PC you'd like to keep/has any important data on it, spend a bit extra and go for something along the lines of an Antec TruPower etc, something with dual circuit protection and the like.

The power supply is the most dangerous part of your PC, the last you think you want is the shitty Xingwatangfa jobs that computer shops sell cheap lol.
Posted By: TheDr Re: PC Power thingy - 27th Apr 2011 8:40pm
Do you need one tonight or can you wait until tomorrow ?

Have LOADS of s/h ones, we normally just cut the wires off the PSU's and weigh in the metal unless it's an unusual one.

If you want a new one we have the "shitty Xingwatangfa jobs that computer shops sell cheap" because that's all some people want or can afford, however we also keep the high end ones in from £65 for a basic modular up to £200 for something half decent (anything else is ordered in, same or next day), depends what you want and what you use it for.
Posted By: DavidB Re: PC Power thingy - 28th Apr 2011 11:15am
I can't remember wattage, but it's just a three core processor with minimal extras on it. I seem to remember is was 400w.
I think the original was a Xingwatangfa one, this is the only time I've had a problem with them tbh. Second hand is fine though, I only really use the PC for work.
Posted By: Wheels Re: PC Power thingy - 28th Apr 2011 12:18pm
Think i have a spare in the loft? I'll have to check
Posted By: TheDr Re: PC Power thingy - 28th Apr 2011 1:40pm
If you want to call in and pick a second hand one up I'll let them know you're coming.

We're open today until 6 smile
Posted By: DavidB Re: PC Power thingy - 28th Apr 2011 4:00pm
Thanks, how much are they Dr? I take it you're not open tomorrow!
Posted By: TheDr Re: PC Power thingy - 28th Apr 2011 6:28pm
New cheapy ones are £18, s/h ones you can just make a donation to the tea float, or as one kind chap did today, buy them a Creme Egg McFlurry smile

Open Sat 10 - 6 if that's any help

Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: PC Power thingy - 29th Apr 2011 4:56pm
i got a cheapo one and its been great smile happy

dont even know its running
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: PC Power thingy - 29th Apr 2011 4:59pm
I've used cheapo ones in the past with massive power suction from greedy hi end graphics cards and never had a problem. smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral