Forums
Posted By: anniebo28 wifi card for laptop - 23rd Apr 2011 7:00pm
Hi all
I looking for a PCIe wifi card for a laptop. needed before monday night if possible as im out of the country for 5 weeks from then.
thanks
Posted By: TheDr Re: wifi card for laptop - 24th Apr 2011 1:45am
If you mean the internal laptop clip in card then I'm fairly sure I have some of these in from laptops we have stripped down. Is there any particular one you need, and does your machine already have the wires in place to clip onto the card ?

If you mean the card that slides in the side (like the old PCMCIA) then I only have those new.

I KNOW we have the PCMCIA ones and the USB ones.

Like everybody else we're closed tomorrow (and Monday) but if you really need it I'll go in and check for you.
Posted By: anniebo28 Re: wifi card for laptop - 24th Apr 2011 12:26pm
yes its the internal one that is roughly 1 1/2" inch across the pin pads and 2 inch long.
All the wires are there, i only need another as the one in my laptop has gone down.
Im not too bothered on what make or model as i will just get the drivers online.
If you could look, that would be great!
thanks
Posted By: TheDr Re: wifi card for laptop - 24th Apr 2011 1:02pm
Where are you, I'm busy for most of the day but could possibly put one through your door later if that's ok.

(If you're sending me your address, a pm not on here smile )
Posted By: anniebo28 Re: wifi card for laptop - 24th Apr 2011 6:34pm
sent you a PM earlier
Posted By: anniebo28 Re: wifi card for laptop - 24th Apr 2011 9:56pm
Thanks very much for helping me out today, you have saved me 5 weeks in Albania with out internet!
Posted By: TheDr Re: wifi card for laptop - 24th Apr 2011 10:12pm
No worries, glad to help smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral