Forums
Posted By: gardengnome SHED, GREENHOUSE, PLANTS - ALLOTMENT STUFF - 31st Mar 2011 11:31am
Hi Guys
I am new to the site & also to allotment owning!
I am looking for a shed, greenhouse, wheelbarrow, water butt and probably almost anything else I could use at my allotment. Happy to pay reasonable prices or just take off your hands! smile
Thanks
Posted By: polo_phil Re: SHED, GREENHOUSE, PLANTS - ALLOTMENT STUFF - 31st Mar 2011 12:47pm
Originally Posted by summer01
would you like table and chairs there only green plastic but your welcome to them .

Allotments aren't for sitting around on Summer no
Posted By: Handbag Re: SHED, GREENHOUSE, PLANTS - ALLOTMENT STUFF - 31st Mar 2011 1:30pm
If you're starting from scratch and need fruit bushes try 'Poundland' in Liscard we've had dessert Gooseberry bushes, redcurrant, blueberry, blackcurrants all from there, you do need to check them over properly to make sure theyre not damaged or have any mould on them etc, but mine are all doing really well. You can also try some of the car boot sales they quite often have plant stalls where you should be able to get all sorts of bits and pieces for your allotment.

While I remember also try Home-Bargain in Liscard they had packs of Maris Piper/King Edward seed potatoes and red onion sets for 10p per pack on monday. they also had some really good pruners for £3-99 which should have been £15 and they have a 25 year warranty on them.

Also I have seen apple trees, pear trees and peach trees in Wilkinsons for £5-99 each.

My top tip is to talk to the other allotment holders you will find that theyre a great bunch of people and that a lot of them will very often help you out with seed/plant swaps once they get to know you.

Where is your allotment based?

Hope some of the info helps anyway, my husband and I have a plot in Tranmere for about 8 months now.... the grow your own thing is so addictive once you get started! We are also part of a small community garden in Wallasey (traflea Community Garden)

Best of luck!
Posted By: polo_phil Re: SHED, GREENHOUSE, PLANTS - ALLOTMENT STUFF - 31st Mar 2011 3:02pm
Rhubarb are good allotment foods. don't require too much attention and will come back every year smile
Hi everyone
Thank you so much for responding. I already have a table and chairs (about only thing I do have) but really good of you to offer - really appreciate it.

Thanks for the tips about seeds pots etc. Won't be able to go in until Saturday so expect they'll all have gone by then frown

Thanks also for the rhubarb tip. Anything that is easy to start with sounds good to me. Will also check out the car boots too - that's me sorted for all this weekend.

Thanks again for responding
smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral