Forums
Posted By: zipster ethernet cable 10 metre+ - 15th Feb 2011 11:19pm
hi everyone, I am looking for a Ethernet cable at least 10 metre in length. needed asap. gratefully appreciated if anyone can help.

thanks zippy
Posted By: TheDr Re: ethernet cable 10 metre+ - 16th Feb 2011 12:22am
Have them in stock at £4.50 if you can't get one anywhere else.
Posted By: zipster Re: ethernet cable 10 metre+ - 16th Feb 2011 8:18am
what lenght is that plz
Posted By: TheDr Re: ethernet cable 10 metre+ - 16th Feb 2011 3:10pm
Hi, that was the 10m one
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: ethernet cable 10 metre+ - 16th Feb 2011 5:16pm
£4.50! omg

I paid £17 at pc world for the one for my car! mad
Posted By: Wiggi77 Re: ethernet cable 10 metre+ - 16th Feb 2011 5:20pm
Have you got tinternet in your car ste?
Posted By: TheDr Re: ethernet cable 10 metre+ - 16th Feb 2011 5:22pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_
£4.50! omg

I paid £17 at pc world for the one for my car! mad

Ouch

Maybe I should put the prices up a bit smile
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: ethernet cable 10 metre+ - 16th Feb 2011 5:28pm
Originally Posted by Wiggi77
Have you got tinternet in your car ste?

Needed it for the bass control remote from my amp to dash.
Your prices are very reasonable Dr smile
Posted By: Wiggi77 Re: ethernet cable 10 metre+ - 16th Feb 2011 5:31pm
Ah right I get ya ste
Posted By: zipster Re: ethernet cable 10 metre+ - 16th Feb 2011 5:40pm
looks like it be ebay 2-3 quid for a ten metre less than fiver for 30 metre thanks all
Posted By: MattLFC Re: ethernet cable 10 metre+ - 16th Feb 2011 5:43pm
Originally Posted by zipinator
looks like it be ebay 2-3 quid for a ten metre less than fiver for 30 metre thanks all

Thats usually the way mate, the problem with eBay is whether you want to wait or not (and if there are any problems, sending it back).

My mate in CMS over in Liverpool can do them for virtually nothing, the cable costs pennies when bought in thousands of metres, and its pretty simple and straighforward to crimp etc... Thats probably what the folk on eBay do, make them themselves, and then knock them out for a couple of quid profit.
Posted By: TheDr Re: ethernet cable 10 metre+ - 16th Feb 2011 6:32pm
We get a lot of people come in with the "I can get it for £x on eBay....", but it's as you say, some things you need straight away, others you're not really sure of the quality on.
We used to make our own RJ45 (ethernet) cables, but unless you're doing it for a fixed installation (offices etc) we found that the molded typed (which we sell now) are better for home use as the wires tend not to come out, and if they do people don't try and refix them, then blame us when their hub doesn't work smile
eBay is cheaper, the vast majority of places on there don't have fixed premises, low overheads and minimal staff, it's like everything in life, you get what you pay for...
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: ethernet cable 10 metre+ - 16th Feb 2011 6:57pm
im really not into the ebay thing, or internet shopping for that matter unless theres no other choice.

I like to go to a shop and meet a human being, have a polite sociable chat whilst buying whaterver i want and leave with my purchase, really dislike paying and waiting

it it me or am i getting old oldman
© Wirral-Wikiwirral