Originally Posted by baldybrewer
Originally Posted by _Ste_
i have an abused iphone for sale?

smile

How abused is it does it work?

Depends what you want it for?

The earphone socket no longer works.
It has a couple of dead pixels.
It is a pain in the ass trying to press 4,5 & 6 on the touchscreen.
It has surface scratches.
But yes, it works, i have to admit, these phones are really tough.
It`s an 8 gig.
Oh, and i`ve hacked it.
has a video camera and other bits on it smile
Posted By: baldybrewer Re: Wanted iphone - 3rd Sep 2010 8:29pm
I would like a fully working one not bothered about cosmetics but headphones are a must.
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Wanted iphone - 3rd Sep 2010 8:38pm
Its bout 15 quid for a new screen lens.
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: Wanted iphone - 3rd Sep 2010 8:43pm
how much ste?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wanted iphone - 3rd Sep 2010 9:13pm
Originally Posted by chris_gilly
how much ste?

Carphone warehouse said £65
£55 buys it as I don't have time to be messing around in shops. smile
Posted By: baldybrewer Re: Wanted iphone - 3rd Sep 2010 9:21pm
Which iphone is it?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wanted iphone - 3rd Sep 2010 9:55pm
Originally Posted by baldybrewer
Which iphone is it?

2g 8gig does everything the 3GS does apart from 3G if that makes sense ?
Posted By: TheDr Re: Wanted iphone - 3rd Sep 2010 10:05pm
If you want one to use I have an 8GB 3G one for sale

It's unlocked (genuine by Apple so not hacked).

Screen is fine, some of the writing on the back cover is a bit worn but apart from that ok.

My sister-in-law has borrowed it for a few days as needed to change the lens on her 3Gs one and she "couldn't be without her iPhone", so will have it back over the weekend.

Will throw in a three-in-charger (cable, car and mains), new screen protector and a back clip on cover to make it look all neat and tidy.

£200 ?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wanted iphone - 4th Sep 2010 2:08am
Originally Posted by TheDr
new screen protector and a back clip on cover
do you sell cases for the 4?
do you have any total enclosure cases?
How much please?
Posted By: TheDr Re: Wanted iphone - 4th Sep 2010 9:47am
We do have some cases for the 4, clip-on and jelly type, along with the obligatory "bling" types, if you want something specific let me know and it's usually in within 48hrs (depnding when I go to get stock)
£4 each for basic cases, £1 for the scrren protectos/film
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wanted iphone - 4th Sep 2010 11:12am
omg £1 for screen protectors? I nearly paid £8 at asda last night until my missus stopped me. Hmmm seems she was right, they are available cheaper smile
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Wanted iphone - 4th Sep 2010 11:15am
Id go 4 a silicon phone case
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wanted iphone - 4th Sep 2010 12:28pm
Ste get a free case from apple from iphone4 I've got mine

http://store.apple.com/uk/product/MC597ZM/A
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wanted iphone - 4th Sep 2010 1:20pm
Originally Posted by zippy
Ste get a free case from apple from iphone4 I've got mine

http://store.apple.com/uk/product/MC597ZM/A

Thanks zippy, unfortunatly in my line of work I need a full enclosure case, thanks for the link though, appreciate that happy
Posted By: TheDr Re: Wanted iphone - 4th Sep 2010 2:08pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_
omg £1 for screen protectors? I nearly paid £8 at asda last night until my missus stopped me. Hmmm seems she was right, they are available cheaper smile

We normally do them at £1.50 but mention Wiki, and they're a quid.

The mirrored ones are quite good, better than I thought they'd be anyway.
Posted By: Dj Kev L Re: Wanted iphone - 4th Sep 2010 4:04pm
Originally Posted by TheDr
If you want one to use I have an 8GB 3G one for sale

It's unlocked (genuine by Apple so not hacked).

Screen is fine, some of the writing on the back cover is a bit worn but apart from that ok.

My sister-in-law has borrowed it for a few days as needed to change the lens on her 3Gs one and she "couldn't be without her iPhone", so will have it back over the weekend.

Will throw in a three-in-charger (cable, car and mains), new screen protector and a back clip on cover to make it look all neat and tidy.

£200 ?

these are only £240 brand new
Posted By: baldybrewer Re: Wanted iphone - 4th Sep 2010 4:16pm
You beat me to it I was going to say that the 3GS ones are going for that.
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Wanted iphone - 4th Sep 2010 4:43pm
Where can ya get 1 for 240?
Posted By: Dj Kev L Re: Wanted iphone - 4th Sep 2010 6:07pm
check ebay. second hand ones are goin for around £125- £150. and there unlocked and jailbroken
Posted By: Dj Kev L Re: Wanted iphone - 4th Sep 2010 6:08pm
theres a 3gs 8gb in cash convertors in wallasey for £199. seen it today
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wanted iphone - 5th Sep 2010 10:54am
That's bollox
the headphone socket does work on my old one, didn't know you have to use official apple headphones?WTF? Sony ones won't work mad
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Wanted iphone - 5th Sep 2010 12:35pm
Originally Posted by Dj Kev L
no comment
Posted By: Dj Kev L Re: Wanted iphone - 5th Sep 2010 12:44pm
Originally Posted by stephen1972
no comment

????????????????
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Wanted iphone - 5th Sep 2010 12:56pm
Wouldnt buy anything from that shop. Only place were crime does pay.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wanted iphone - 5th Sep 2010 3:12pm
Originally Posted by stephen1972
Wouldnt buy anything from that shop. Only place were crime does pay.

withthat
Cash convertors are for smackrats, you'd catch something from the goods in there! Besides, most of the stuff is faulty or doesn't work at all!
smile
I bought a case from pc world before, really nice smoke black clear one for £20 , great I thought until I got it home and it was for the back only!
I took it right back! frown
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Wanted iphone - 5th Sep 2010 6:31pm
I laugh when you see second-hand stuff in Cash Converters at a dearer price than new - I think they are capturing people on the never-never and effectively adding yet another premium.
Posted By: markeee Re: Wanted iphone - 6th Sep 2010 8:45am
can get you a white 16gig 3g £200
Posted By: Dj Kev L Re: Wanted iphone - 6th Sep 2010 11:12am
where have u seen that markeee??
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Wanted iphone - 6th Sep 2010 11:20am
In his dreams! Try crap converters lol
Posted By: TheDr Re: Wanted iphone - 6th Sep 2010 11:31am
check ebay. second hand ones are goin for around £125- £150. and there unlocked and jailbroken

There is a difference between Factory Unlocked and Jailbroken Unlocked (hacked), to jailbreak an iphone is easy, the software is free and doesn't take long to do, the only problem is if/when you sync/restore it you have to start all over again

I checked on eBay, none at £125, few faulty ones around the £140 mark.

The lowest I can find you get for these on a recycling site is £123, so why would you pay eBay listing fees, final value fees, Paypal fees and get less......possibly because the phone has a history ????

I'll be posting a message later explaining how you can unlock (properly) your iPhone for very little, or even free, after a customer came in at the weekend and told us how a certain market stall charged her £45 for a "free" unlock which takes less than a couple of minutes.
Posted By: markeee Re: Wanted iphone - 6th Sep 2010 12:39pm
a work mate has it for sale
Posted By: nurvware Re: Wanted iphone - 6th Sep 2010 3:44pm
Get an Android phone, much better, will do everything an Iphone does and more, even a basic android phone. The more you pay, the bigger and better the screen will be. Mine is a basic 3 mobile pay as go phone with my contract sim in.

It's checks my email every 5 mins, has google maps, with turn by turn navigation, loads of free apps available, it's great.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wanted iphone - 6th Sep 2010 4:29pm
If those androids are so good why are they giving them away?
They are good, I can say that but what about all your iPod music?
Posted By: baldybrewer Re: Wanted iphone - 6th Sep 2010 4:43pm
And the apps for the iphone are better
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Wanted iphone - 6th Sep 2010 4:54pm
Not even botherd with that android on my phone. Apps are sh©te! Lol
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Wanted iphone - 7th Sep 2010 2:51pm
How can one make a bold statement like "the apps for the iPhone are better" in relation to Android? Android applications are now outselling iOS applications, and the development industry have viewed Android as the future OS of choice for the majority for some time now. In addition to this, the fact that Apple make it very very hard for developers to do what they want and to get their applications onto the iOS platform (case in point: Adobe Flash), means that developers are becoming less and less inclined to spend money developing for a non-dominant platform.

Personally I run Windows Mobile; applications on Windows Mobile are not your average 50,000 fart apps and the rest of the shite that is found on the "appstore", but instead they are, for the mostpart, aimed towards the corporate/enterprise sector, and are therefore very very in-depth - something the iOS apps will never be - they pretty much have to be since many of them carry pricetags of over $20.

With the advent of Windows Phone 7 and the crappy nature of Apples restrictiveness with regards iOS applications, it is little wonder that developers are now concentrating most of their efforts on Android.

As for iPod music Ste... well if you can sync iTunes with WebOS, the main direct niche competitor to iOS, despite Apples continued attempts to stop it, then I would not have many fears of you being able to do so with an open-source platform such as Android.

Im not all that experienced with Android as yet and don't particuarly like Google full stop, however I have for some months now, been looking into it (and Rhobuntu - Ubuntu Linux for my phone) as a potential upgrade once Windows Phone 7 is released because I am not interested in the Windows Phone platform, but from what I have seen of Android and when I have used it, it does appear to be one hell of an OS, bettered only by WebOS imho, which unfortunately, does not yet feature support for a couple of vital applications required for my business - simply due to a lack of marketshare leaving developers weary of investing in the platform.

iOS 4 is a nice step forward, not exactly "changing everything, again" and Apple and their legion of fanbois want to portray it (only a decade late with multi-tasking and unfortunatly nowhere near as good as WebOS, but then, nothing probably ever will be - cue the open-source Android community to make a hooky alternative), but iOS as a platform, needs to up its game and Apple need to get a grip of themselves before Android tears iOS, and every other mobile OS including Symbian and WinMo to pieces. WebOS and Maemo as good as they are, will probably never compete in the UK due to an already fairly saturated Smartphone market and as such are inevitably doomed to ending up as primarily tablet OS's, with limited mobile phone marketshare within the EU.

Androids are being "given away" due to the nature of the software licensing and because industry analysts view it as the future of the industry - it's the same reason HTC, once the biggest customer of Microsoft and probably the biggest supporter ever of the WinMo platform, are now dropping the aforementioned platform to concentrate on Android - the HD2 is seemingly the swansong for the WinMo platform. Microsoft did the same to Apple and everyone else, all them years ago, giving Windows away for essentially free and squashing all the competition, leading to one of the biggest and most notorious monopolies ever conceived - Google may be onto something here, and iOS may be living on borrowed time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereporters/rorycellanjones/2010/08/android_apps_-_a_new_goldrush.html
Posted By: Wheels Re: Wanted iphone - 7th Sep 2010 3:07pm
I like my 50.000 fart apps raftl

The way I see it is for an easy life buy an iPhone, everything works great with minimum fuss and all ages can enjoy it and it's features/apps.

If your a high end business user and need 100% control of your resurces go win mob?.

Matty forgets we are meet mortals sometimes wink
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Wanted iphone - 7th Sep 2010 7:44pm
I phone 4! 99 quid on a 3 contract
Posted By: Wheels Re: Wanted iphone - 7th Sep 2010 8:19pm
On 3 raftl
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Wanted iphone - 7th Sep 2010 8:24pm
Whats ya beef with 3?
Posted By: Wheels Re: Wanted iphone - 7th Sep 2010 8:38pm
Sorry it just reminded me of Alan car when he's talking about the 3 network smile
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Wanted iphone - 7th Sep 2010 9:07pm
Lol its improved a lot.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wanted iphone - 8th Sep 2010 12:39am
Originally Posted by Wheels
I like my 50.000 fart apps raftl

The way I see it is for an easy life buy an iPhone, everything works great with minimum fuss and all ages can enjoy it and it's features/apps.

Yes, including my remote control app for my laptop as my laptop controls everything along with my tv smile

Who needs a windows media center remote when you have iphone! Lol, they even control your car alarm laugh
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Wanted iphone - 8th Sep 2010 12:49am
Some1 loves there i phone lol
Posted By: baldybrewer Re: Wanted iphone - 15th Sep 2010 6:29pm
Still after one would prefer 3GS if anyone has one or 3G if anyone can tell me what the difference is.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wanted iphone - 15th Sep 2010 8:39pm
3gs has video
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Wanted iphone - 15th Sep 2010 8:43pm
And faster web surfing. Me new girlfriend got an i pad on it now lol
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wanted iphone - 15th Sep 2010 8:50pm
Cool smile
What are they like?
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Wanted iphone - 15th Sep 2010 8:58pm
Its not bad. Good for slouchin on the sofa surfin lol
© Wirral-Wikiwirral