Forums
Posted By: MediKated small dog/puppy - 17th Jun 2010 10:30pm
Hi my daughter is desperate for a pet dog, we only want something small and we dont want a staffie, we're keeping a check on the animal welfare sites but does anyone know of anyone selling or giving away a dog/puppy, would be willing to pay up to £100, cant afford the mad prices some of the breeders want!
Posted By: Tilly Re: small dog/puppy - 17th Jun 2010 11:20pm
will contact a few of my friends for you and see whats going.
Posted By: Waddi Re: small dog/puppy - 18th Jun 2010 6:20am
Sorry, but if you can't afford the initial price of buying the dog, how do you expect to afford the keeping of it. Not just talking about food, Im talking vet bills.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: small dog/puppy - 18th Jun 2010 6:32am
Originally Posted by Waddi
Sorry, but if you can't afford the initial price of buying the dog, how do you expect to afford the keeping of it. Not just talking about food, Im talking vet bills.

withthat
Also these breeders charge so much because they think if your prepared to pay £600 for instance, theres more of a chance its going to be kept for life and not disposed of when people get bored with it smile
Posted By: reddragon Re: small dog/puppy - 18th Jun 2010 7:49am
I bought my wife a small jack russell for less than a £100.00 and we then got the dog insured on monthly d/d as for jabs and other things we manage to pay for these but i wouldn't have paid out the prices some breeders charge for the dog so you see it can be done without getting overcharged
Good luck with finding your pet smile
Posted By: MediKated Re: small dog/puppy - 18th Jun 2010 10:01am
Originally Posted by _Ste_
Originally Posted by Waddi

withthat
Also these breeders charge so much because they think if your prepared to pay £600 for instance, theres more of a chance its going to be kept for life and not disposed of when people get bored with it smile

I've done my homework on dog owning, I can afford the monthly outgoings no problem, I've already got estimates for insurance and got the prices for jabs from the vet we use for our cats, and priced all the doggie equipment we will need,I just cant afford an initial outlay of hundreds of pounds and go have a look a look at some of these internet "breeders" and see for yourself if they have the best intrest of the animals at heart because you can bet your ass a lot of them are in it for the money, they charge high prices for the sake of their bank balance not for the sake of dogs. Besides I would rather have a rescue or rehoming dog.

Posted By: Waddi Re: small dog/puppy - 18th Jun 2010 12:54pm
oh, good, as long as you have donw your homework and understand the costs involved in introducing a dog into your family.
Posted By: reddragon Re: small dog/puppy - 18th Jun 2010 4:30pm
very well put Tinypip
Posted By: Tilly Re: small dog/puppy - 18th Jun 2010 6:26pm
there are a lot of small dogs here tinytip!
http://www.freewebs.com/manytearsrescue/dogslookingforhomes.htm
© Wirral-Wikiwirral