Forums
Posted By: polo_phil Wanted: 12v Heater - 21st Dec 2009 10:02am
Just as a temporary measure until I can whip the dashboard off to replace the heater matrix. I'm after a 12v heater for my car.
Have only seen them online but was hoping I could get one from a shop/someone local today/tomorrow for over christmas

Thanks

Phil
Posted By: bert1 Re: Wanted: 12v Heater - 21st Dec 2009 10:26am
I got one a couple of years ago from motor world and i have to say it was crap, took it back after a couple of days, after trying out another one, got my money back. If you do find a good one let us know, cos the heater in my van has packed in.
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Wanted: 12v Heater - 21st Dec 2009 10:53am
Oh right ok. Cheers Bert
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: Wanted: 12v Heater - 21st Dec 2009 1:45pm
I also would avoid the motor world ones. They only just manage to throw out a trace of heat after about 5 minutes plus the noise out of them does your head in especially first thing in the morning. I think I may have thrown mine out now otherwise you could have had it for nothing to try it out.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Wanted: 12v Heater - 23rd Dec 2009 1:08am
I've got a Maplin 15O watt ceramic heater your welcome to BORROW, there isn't a lot of heat out of them.

There is always the headlamp bulbs in a box with a fan "trick" if you want to bodge your own. If all the light stays in the box all the power is converted to heat.

PM me if interested
Posted By: DavidB Re: Wanted: 12v Heater - 29th Dec 2009 3:52pm
^ haha!

Glad I didn't buy one of those 12v things, was thinking about!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral