Forums
Posted By: Garygadge HELPPPPPPPP - 7th Dec 2009 11:37am
Can anyone point me in the right direction to find one of these please? Its for my son who wanted one last year but we couldnt afford it on top of everything else.[Linked Image]

I bought one on ebay £60 NEW, only to have the money refunded 2 days later as the seller didnt even have it, her supplier had none in stock but as it took 5 days for the money to go back on my card through paypal I missed out on another at the same price. The other few that I have found I have been outbid on at around £90, I dont want to pay more than that, well I cant really afford to anyway. Hopefully someone out there knows where I can get one? Thanks in advance.
Regards
Gary
Posted By: AX_125 Re: HELPPPPPPPP - 7th Dec 2009 11:39am
Picture doesn't work
Posted By: Garygadge Re: HELPPPPPPPP - 7th Dec 2009 12:03pm
I can see it, lol
Posted By: Garygadge Re: HELPPPPPPPP - 7th Dec 2009 12:09pm
Try this
The top 2 pics
Posted By: Garygadge Re: HELPPPPPPPP - 7th Dec 2009 12:19pm
The link doesn't work either?
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: HELPPPPPPPP - 7th Dec 2009 12:32pm
i can see it smile cant help you though!
Posted By: MGCraig Re: HELPPPPPPPP - 7th Dec 2009 12:40pm
Electric Scooter?
Posted By: Garygadge Re: HELPPPPPPPP - 7th Dec 2009 12:43pm
YES!
Posted By: StuyMac Re: HELPPPPPPPP - 7th Dec 2009 12:44pm
Id imagine ebay is still your best bet. Seem to be quiet a few round the £100 mark think

Are there any legalities about where / how you can ride them think
Posted By: Garygadge Re: HELPPPPPPPP - 7th Dec 2009 12:47pm
Cant use them on public roads.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: HELPPPPPPPP - 7th Dec 2009 12:50pm
Same crack as a Minimoto then frown

May as well get a minimoto - faster and cheaper grin
Posted By: Snodvan Re: HELPPPPPPPP - 7th Dec 2009 8:55pm
Originally Posted by Garygadge
Cant use them on public roads.

Or pavements

Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: HELPPPPPPPP - 7th Dec 2009 10:55pm
I think you might be able to use them on public roads, unless they have got round to classifying them at last.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: HELPPPPPPPP - 7th Dec 2009 11:03pm
I used to have a Tami petrol scooter when I was a teen, absolutely mint, used to bomb around everywhere on it haha, could hit 25mph+ with ease!! I was assured by the police on one occasion that these were illegal to be used without tax, insurance and license, but the plod had to catch me first haha! Funnily enought, VW Kyle bought it off me.

Not sure on the electric ones, but im pretty sure they were under the same legislation, or were later included in it.

Best way to find out, is to ask at the local police station and get it in writing if they say you can use it on public roads...
Posted By: Garygadge Re: HELPPPPPPPP - 7th Dec 2009 11:08pm
Not bothered about the "road" or "pavement" issue or even public footpath, like the wirral way, yes your not supposed to use them there either. Where I live there is enough room for my son to use it without breaking any laws :-)
Posted By: raymondo Re: HELPPPPPPPP - 7th Dec 2009 11:23pm
no its electric there for you do not need tax mot or insurance its basicly the same as a mobility scooter. you only need insurance etc when it has a combustion engine attached
Posted By: Garygadge Re: HELPPPPPPPP - 7th Dec 2009 11:25pm
Only certain ones are "road legal" though
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: HELPPPPPPPP - 7th Dec 2009 11:49pm
Originally Posted by Garygadge
Only certain ones are "road legal" though

I think they basically come under the same regulations as bicycles, they should have a reflector and lights if used at night. They can't be ridden on footways, which is the difference between them and a mobility scooter.

I don't know if the government got round to classifying them, that was one of the reasons for Sinclair C5s, was to try and force the governments hand into classifying them instead of somebody going into mass production on something bigger that may be outlawed at a later date.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: HELPPPPPPPP - 8th Dec 2009 2:41pm
cash convertors liscard had two last week or week before, in silver.
Posted By: Garygadge Re: HELPPPPPPPP - 8th Dec 2009 5:36pm
Thanks Jase, will pop in tomorrow.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: HELPPPPPPPP - 8th Dec 2009 5:52pm
Just put your leg out every now and again pretending you're pushing yourself along wink
Posted By: Garygadge Re: HELPPPPPPPP - 8th Dec 2009 6:38pm
that would be ok on a normal scooter, but this one is electric, lol
© Wirral-Wikiwirral