Forums
Posted By: chris_gilly speakers - 11th Oct 2009 8:07pm
hi all....

a set of my DJ speakers blew the other night! completly... i think! luckely i use 4 top cabs! i had a look at them today and the bass drivers seem seized!!! and the tweaters arent working... so if anyone is selling a cheap set of cabs then im intrested!
Posted By: davew3 Re: speakers - 11th Oct 2009 8:24pm
Used to have a mate in Birmingham who repaired speakers,well he rebuilt them, the problem is I've lost his phone number,and he hasn't rang me for 6months,some mate eh.
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: speakers - 12th Oct 2009 5:45pm
It might be cheaper to buy a replacement Driver and tweeter unit than buy a new set of speakers. Sounds like you completely ragged the arse out of your old set.

Theres quite a few on Ebay
Posted By: DJ_Karl_David Re: speakers - 12th Oct 2009 8:44pm
Mate you need to stop blowing speakers tease

i overloaded a wholke club sound system in manchester it had no sound for a good 10 minuted while it cooled down.

i was playing 200bpm techno at insane volumes!
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: speakers - 12th Oct 2009 9:48pm
i work in a rather large pub so i thought id use them as reinforcement speakers! so i tested them in a private party for a freind the other day i had 2 good 6ft walls of speakers! sounded awsome! but im truely gutted now!

ive still got that KAM unit i got off you ive only gigged it lightly once and only as a monitor!

yeah i was thinking that to be honest! get new drivers etc smile

doh! i guess the rather drunken people wernt happy that it died!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral