Forums
Posted By: golfvr Parrot wanted - 24th Aug 2009 9:57am
MY kids are desparate for a Parrot, I used to have an African grey, so summit along those lines would be nice
Posted By: bert1 Re: Parrot wanted - 24th Aug 2009 10:13am
We had a parrot when we were kids, we had to get rid of it because it effected my dads chest, some disease they carry, so be careful if any of the kids have asthma or chest problems.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Parrot wanted - 24th Aug 2009 11:04am
Originally Posted by bert1
We had a parrot when we were kids, we had to get rid of it because it effected my dads chest, some disease they carry, so be careful if any of the kids have asthma or chest problems.

Psittacosis
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Parrot wanted - 24th Aug 2009 11:05am
Some (and I thinks it's a very few) parrots can carry psittacosis which can affect humans. I have mild asthma and have had a white cockatoo for years with no problems at all. She's out on my shoulder most days and gently "investigates" inside ears, nostrils etc. I've had no problems at all. I think it's one of those million to one things.

Get yourself a parrot/cockatoo. They are great company and a barrel of laughs. Probably the No.64 bus you don't see coming will see you off before any rare bird disease will !! ha.ha

It's being so cheerful that keeps me going !
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Parrot wanted - 24th Aug 2009 11:06am
Beat me to it Chris !
Posted By: DavidB Re: Parrot wanted - 25th Aug 2009 10:17am
My mate's nan had a parrot that came off a ship. It had picked up the foul language and only knew swear words. She used to have to put it away in a room upstairs when they had visitors and it used to shout 'Let me out you f*cking barstard' etc laugh
Posted By: paranoidballoon Re: Parrot wanted - 25th Aug 2009 10:34am
My youngest brother was like that! The parrots were ok, I must of brought about 16 home from the west coast of Africa in the years I was on that run you could get one for a couple of packets of fags then, "all African grey"s" I also had a monkey but that"s another story I got two for Bennets the news agent on the corner of Hilbre street and cleveland street.One died the other went on for ever they loved the thing.I beleive a parrots life span is similar to our own.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Parrot wanted - 25th Aug 2009 11:30am
There's a parrot sanctuary over near Skeggy. Brilliant because there's cages and cages of them and when one kicks off they all start, reversing horns, ring tones, phone bells, answering the phone in all kinds of voices, whistles, tunes, swearing, names. I spent ages in the middle of it, one of the best entrance fees I've ever paid. My daughter has one but that's a miserable b.....d. I say that because I looked after it for her and it drew blood, from meeeeee!
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Parrot wanted - 25th Aug 2009 11:32am
By the way Pinzgauer, I used to have the late, great Dixie Dean as a passenger on the 64, I could never take his fare off him. We never run over any parrot lovers though.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Parrot wanted - 25th Aug 2009 11:33am
MY kids are desparate for a Parrot, I used to have an African grey, so summit along those lines would be nice
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Parrot wanted - 25th Aug 2009 11:38am
raftl
Posted By: golfvr Re: Parrot wanted - 28th Aug 2009 1:26pm
NO probs you have mail smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral