Forums
Posted By: ninja573 old computers - 16th Aug 2009 9:56am
hi all anyone out there got any old computers out there in your loft???:) in need of a processor 1400 mhz mine burnt out last week .thought i,d give it a go on WIKIWIRRAL.TB thanks ninja573
Posted By: MattLFC Re: old computers - 16th Aug 2009 1:27pm
Got a Thoroughbread A (8 layers) somewhere, 1833Mhz iirc, its a Socket A, might be of some use to you?
Posted By: ninja573 Re: old computers - 16th Aug 2009 5:09pm
how much?or free can pick up anytime ty
Posted By: MattLFC Re: old computers - 16th Aug 2009 5:15pm
I will av to dig it out first mate. Will get back to you when I find it.

Your mobo needs to be able to support it though (needs to be Socket A and needs to support Tbreads). Its not a very good overclocker as its the original 8 layer PCB, I bought it the day it came out for about £230 for a system I was building and less than two weeks later, they pulled them from sale and replaced them with 9 layer versions, for £50 less looooool. The B's overclock much better.

With water cooling I managed to push somewhere in the region of 2105Mhz out of it iirc, with air cooling it would go to the late 1900's, so if your after an overclocker, this is probably not going to suit you.

In the end I replaced it a few months later with a Barton cos I was frustrated with it. Its solid at stock speeds though.

smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral