Forums
Posted By: hoseman CARPET FITTER WANTED - 19th Jul 2009 12:37pm
Im in need of someone who can measure up my house for carpet, downstairs, stairs, landing and bedrooms (2) for volumes and amounts of carpet required. Then when we have picked the carpet will need it professionally fitted!
Why not go to a store who do it all???
Because still got lots of work to do on house, and dont want it fitting yet, the stores wont come and measure for you unless you enter into a contract to buy from them. We have seen the type of carpet, but will be shopping around at the time and dont want to be stuck with one store!
Will pay cash to the fitters upon completion, but needs measuring first. I can measure up in laymans terms, but unsure about stairs and widths etc that carpet comes in!
Any help out there???
Posted By: rentaclown100 Re: CARPET FITTER WANTED - 19th Jul 2009 3:32pm
the largest width they come in is 4 meters so if you draw a rough plan about how to divide it up then you should be able to stop them charging too much
Posted By: AX_125 Re: CARPET FITTER WANTED - 19th Jul 2009 4:02pm
draw a floor plan of the whole place you want carpeting, Measure everything and give that plan to a carpet shop. They will the work out exactly how much carpet you will need.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: CARPET FITTER WANTED - 19th Jul 2009 4:04pm
Originally Posted by rentaclown100
the largest width they come in is 4 meters
Quite a few carpets are available in 5 meter widths as well, can save a join in bigger rooms. But that's not what your asking.

Get any shop out to measure up, just pretend you want to buy now.
Posted By: markeee Re: CARPET FITTER WANTED - 19th Jul 2009 7:01pm
if your looking for carpet check out that place near the old aldi in birkenhead there cheap
Posted By: hoseman Re: CARPET FITTER WANTED - 20th Jul 2009 9:16pm
Yeah, on opposite side of road!, Been to a few shops but they want you to sign that you will buy off them before they send someone out! Anyhow, would rather offer the job to a local "Wiki" member if they wre a carpet fitter, thats what i was realy getting at! Keep it in the family and all that! thumbsup
Posted By: ScottVernon55 Re: CARPET FITTER WANTED - 24th Jul 2009 2:25am
My dad and his brother do can do that, they own a business
my dads number is 07756537746 and his names steve
© Wirral-Wikiwirral