Forums
Posted By: chris_gilly Garage/Lock ups! - 2nd Apr 2009 5:11pm
hi guys
does anyone know where i can get a garage or lock up from?! or has anyone got one that they dont use that i can sub let?!
ive been on the council waiting list for years! and i phoned the number on the side of the holt hill ones up and they dont have any!!

Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Garage/Lock ups! - 2nd Apr 2009 7:40pm
how much are you willing to pay and what will you/they be doing there?
We have a yard full of garages wink
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: Garage/Lock ups! - 2nd Apr 2009 9:12pm
you usually pay £30 PCM with wirral partnership homes. for a basic lock up no electricity no water etc.. i will use it to store vehicles in.. i do alot of car fixing for freinds. so i would use it to keep my tools in and work in.

why where is your yard?!

thanks
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Garage/Lock ups! - 2nd Apr 2009 9:29pm
wallasey village,they are £80 per week each, they have elecy,water,a big shutter and are big enough for four cars. The yard also has a 7' fence with lockable gates to keep the bagheads out and are guarded by a noisey rottwieler.
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: Garage/Lock ups! - 2nd Apr 2009 9:35pm
to be honest i dont have that amount of money.. id love one. i might see if i can get a few people intrested into to sharing one.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Garage/Lock ups! - 3rd Apr 2009 9:10pm
£12 a week me birds grandad pays for his off wirral partnership homes. and they dont let you use them to fix cars. i looked into it before we got are yard.
you want get a very good one for £30 pcm.. more like a garden shed. whistle me and ste spent years looking for a cheap one. smile
Posted By: Snodvan Re: Garage/Lock ups! - 3rd Apr 2009 9:35pm
Quote about WPH lock ups

"they dont let you use them to fix cars"

Well, not commercially. Loads of folk do their own repair work in WPH lock ups. I have had one of their lock ups since the late 1960s. I shudder to think what I have paid in rent over the years. Mainly mine contains a camping trailer. There is no way a Freelander will fit in it with the up/ over door.

The real problem is that these lock ups have no facilities - elec etc and they are quite narrow (at least mine is). If I put dad;s Nissan Bluebird in my garage it JUST fits lengthways (about 15" to spare) and I have to park real close to the wall on the nearside so I can open the offside door enough to get out. Not a good proposition for doing work on a car.

These lock ups are also in great demand and you can wait years to get one.

Snod
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Garage/Lock ups! - 4th Apr 2009 12:29am
they are indded rare to get hold of, mainly becaus ethe people runnin them dont have any concerns for them and leave them empty or full of shite. Long story but i went around wirral with the girl incharge of them to cut the locks of unpaid garages. There were some in prenton with cars covered in cobwebs. I wouldn't of minded but my name had been on the list for prenton for years. To see that many unused ones takes the piss. The either side of me are empty and have been for 2 years. I know this as i have cut the locks off and put my own on just to see how long it is before some one changes the locks. There were empty btw.....got a tipp off from the neighbour and we are doing it for abit of fun.

so on a lighter note -dont get a partnership homes one, you will be n old man before you get one.
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: Garage/Lock ups! - 4th Apr 2009 1:01pm
ta for the advice guys!
i wouldnt be doing it as a business.. its just me helping freinds and family out laugh.

yeah i think ill start looking into private ones
Posted By: DavidB Re: Garage/Lock ups! - 5th Apr 2009 12:51pm
Chris Gilly, if you want to share one, I'll be up for it, I've seen Ste's garage and it's big enough for three cars.

I had three WPH lockups at one point and a large four car one. They're good if you don't value your possessions at all. I've had all of them broken into and stuff stolen. I keep nothing in them now as they're constantly targetted by chavs. I have two now and am getting rid of my second one. Hoping to lose them all and move into a bigger one nearby.
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: Garage/Lock ups! - 5th Apr 2009 2:00pm
nice on mate... well ill have a look around see what i can see.. how much is your budget?! say monthly.
smile
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Garage/Lock ups! - 5th Apr 2009 5:31pm
Originally Posted by Station
Chris Gilly, if you want to share one, I'll be up for it, I've seen Ste's garage and it's big enough for three cars.

I had three WPH lockups at one point and a large four car one. They're good if you don't value your possessions at all. I've had all of them broken into and stuff stolen. I keep nothing in them now as they're constantly targetted by chavs. I have two now and am getting rid of my second one. Hoping to lose them all and move into a bigger one nearby.

How did they get in mate? were the locks cut? door broken down ? Quite interested so's i can prevent it happening to mine
Posted By: DavidB Re: Garage/Lock ups! - 5th Apr 2009 6:53pm
Just put one 30 quid industrial lock with a casp that is bolted through the door (not screwed on).

They just crowbar the locks and/or the casp. There is on near mine that has had a 4x4 rip the doors off and another one that was set on fire. I'd just advise not putting any valuables in there. WPH weren't interested in the slightest when I lost 1500 quids worth of stuff.

I'd go up to 40 quid a week for the garage CG. smile
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Garage/Lock ups! - 5th Apr 2009 8:25pm
Andy, what happened to the one you had? You not got it any more?

I've got one with WPH, I've had it for about 3 years, never had a problem.

The rent has gone up by about £6 a month, but I've recently had new doors put on, so can't really complain.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Garage/Lock ups! - 6th Apr 2009 1:28pm
bloody hell, thats terrible, i do hope they dont target mine like that.

I moved to up the road joe, got one abit closer to home. Do you still go to yours every sunday ?
Posted By: Stegga Re: Garage/Lock ups! - 6th Apr 2009 4:55pm
We had a WPH lock up on the Woodchurch. We had a trailer tent in it... or a least we thought we did. Decided to go camping last spring, went to the lock-up and found the lock replaced and no trailer tent inside! WPH had no knowledge of the lock change and surprise surprise, can't help you with the tent either. Just about right for them.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Garage/Lock ups! - 6th Apr 2009 7:09pm
Originally Posted by Sanchez
Do you still go to yours every sunday ?

Don't need to any more, car's on the road

Yeah, WPH don't seem very organised. Got left a note saying to phone a number to organise getting the inside of my garage doors painted, left a message, but I never got a phone call back, and that was about 4 months ago
Posted By: DavidB Re: Garage/Lock ups! - 6th Apr 2009 8:03pm
Originally Posted by stegga
We had a WPH lock up on the Woodchurch. We had a trailer tent in it... or a least we thought we did. Decided to go camping last spring, went to the lock-up and found the lock replaced and no trailer tent inside! WPH had no knowledge of the lock change and surprise surprise, can't help you with the tent either. Just about right for them.

Yeah, one has my Starion and kitcar in, as well as some heavy things like engine crane. They changed the locks for some reason the other day. No doubt something else has gone missing as they contract work out to private companies.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Garage/Lock ups! - 1st Aug 2009 10:19pm
If anyone is looking for garages...keep getting these through the door.

Their website lists a lot of locations over Merseyside.

Their email doesnt seem to work though??

Attached picture GARAGES.jpg
Posted By: Sidewinder Re: Garage/Lock ups! - 8th Feb 2012 3:09pm
As with the author of this thread I'm looking for a lockup in New Brighton for a home for a scooter anyone help out budgets £30-35pm
cheers .
Posted By: Sidewinder Re: Garage/Lock ups! - 8th Feb 2012 3:11pm
Originally Posted by BMW Joe
If anyone is looking for garages...keep getting these through the door.

Their website lists a lot of locations over Merseyside.

Their email doesnt seem to work though??

and the list of garages is just the ones that they own not the ones for rent (DOH)
Posted By: TheDr Re: Garage/Lock ups! - 8th Feb 2012 7:26pm
I've rented a few garages from these guys in the past, the literally have hundreds of them all over Merseyside.

It's best to phone them and they're always getting odd ones coming free, but they do usually run Carly close to capacity.
Posted By: dave_h Re: Garage/Lock ups! - 3rd Apr 2012 11:33am
anyone know who owns the garages between ingleby and millpark road in wallasey ( in the entry)? WPH dont own them, cheers in advance
Posted By: dave_h Re: Garage/Lock ups! - 3rd Apr 2012 11:40am
Originally Posted by dave_h
anyone know who owns the garages between ingleby and millpark road in wallasey ( in the entry)? WPH dont own them, cheers in advance

just spoke to these - http://www.lockupgarages.net/

they own them, a list of garages they have in wallasey are located on the website

Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Garage/Lock ups! - 3rd Apr 2012 12:04pm
Originally Posted by Sidewinder
As with the author of this thread I'm looking for a lockup in New Brighton for a home for a scooter anyone help out budgets £30-35pm
cheers .
£30 a month confused
Posted By: Pedrob Re: Garage/Lock ups! - 3rd Jun 2013 12:00am
Hi mate sorry to jump into your post but I'm a mechanic looking for a garage and would happily share one of these units in Wallasey call me if your intereste 07788263799
Posted By: Pedrob Re: Garage/Lock ups! - 3rd Jun 2013 12:02am
Hi mate what's the number to contact regarding garages in Wallasey I need a bigger unit an mines out the way in Bromborough closer to home required call me if that's easier 07788263799 £80 per week is ok cheers
© Wirral-Wikiwirral