Forums
Posted By: Beemertastic hammerite metalmaster spray gun - 2nd Mar 2009 4:59pm
Im after loaning one of those electrostatic gun from hammerite..(if anyones got one and willing)...ive got to paint the railings outside the communal areas of my flat...and dont want to fork out 50 quid for the spray gun...im only going to use once!(obviously I will buy the paint cartridges!)
Brushing on the paint is going to take ages...and you dont get such a great finish as spraying on.
So...if anyones got one they dont mind lending to me for a weekend get in touch please!!!
Posted By: StuyMac Re: hammerite metalmaster spray gun - 2nd Mar 2009 6:33pm
Arrest someone for you own bit of community service grin
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: hammerite metalmaster spray gun - 2nd Mar 2009 6:45pm
hahha...im traffic...i dont do arresting people if i can help it...lol!!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: hammerite metalmaster spray gun - 2nd Mar 2009 9:28pm
If its just the effect you want, clean the railings with thinners then spray with silicone spray.
then get the colour you want in a normal spray can and spray them normaly.
This will give you the hammerite `effect`.
Laquer afterwards for a clean finish wink
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: hammerite metalmaster spray gun - 3rd Mar 2009 1:07pm
not so much the effect...as the time factor..lots of railings...difficult to paint with a brush.
Normal spray can would go everywhere...hence the request for an electrostatic one...
Posted By: MissGuided Re: hammerite metalmaster spray gun - 3rd Mar 2009 6:20pm
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hammerite-Metalmaster-Electrostatic-Spray-Gun_W0QQitemZ170303944583QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_DIY_Material_Paint_Varnish_MJ?hash=item170303944583&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Can't you do a whippy round with the neighbours?
Or would it be positively common and vulgar asking your neighbours for money where you live? raftl
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: hammerite metalmaster spray gun - 4th Mar 2009 7:53pm
Good grief darling...how frightfully vulgar...asking ones neighbours for a "charitable" donation is simply not "done" where I live.
Are you not aware of simple decorum and manners?
Posted By: MissGuided Re: hammerite metalmaster spray gun - 4th Mar 2009 7:57pm
You could hold some sort of charitable event - a spring garden party? Tell them the money is going to animals who have AIDs or something...
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: hammerite metalmaster spray gun - 4th Mar 2009 8:14pm
How ghastly...a charitable event? how simply frightful...
Posted By: MissGuided Re: hammerite metalmaster spray gun - 4th Mar 2009 8:15pm
you can invite all the ladies what lunch
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: hammerite metalmaster spray gun - 4th Mar 2009 8:19pm
"ladies what lunch"????
Im awfully sorry but i simply wouldn't dream of entertaining such a notion as "ladies what lunch".
As you know im frightfully posh....as simply dont do "lunch".
Luncheon and dinner are perfectly acceptable meal times but " to lunch" is simply common....
Posted By: MissGuided Re: hammerite metalmaster spray gun - 4th Mar 2009 8:25pm
I'm frightfully sorry old bean. I didn't mean to insult your uppercrustiness!

I thought what with regular events such as the unfindable gardens you were used to the muck of the earth tramping around your delightful village giving their money to charity.
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: hammerite metalmaster spray gun - 4th Mar 2009 8:27pm
Well..one only has to endure the plebian population traipsing through ones garden on one afternoon a year...anymore is simply unacceptable!
Posted By: MissGuided Re: hammerite metalmaster spray gun - 4th Mar 2009 8:31pm
i've traipsed and i've been ripped off (yes i know its for chair-id-ee). when someone opens up their scruffy back yard and claims it has some special magic to it (because they went to ikea and kitted it out)...i wonder if i should ask them to move the boundary and they can put my crapheap of a garden into the collection!
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: hammerite metalmaster spray gun - 4th Mar 2009 8:35pm
darling...no extending of the boundary could ever hope to include the North end of Birkenhead with the rather exclusive nature of oxton village
Posted By: MissGuided Re: hammerite metalmaster spray gun - 4th Mar 2009 8:37pm
exclusive nature (read: grumpy eccentric people who get uppity at the mention of a little architectural change)
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: hammerite metalmaster spray gun - 4th Mar 2009 8:39pm
Oh but darling the architectural change that ones implies simply isnt achieved with the same sort of panache that can be achieved in the North end of Birkenhead by simply dragging the contents of ones living room out onto the street and intothe front garden....
Posted By: MissGuided Re: hammerite metalmaster spray gun - 4th Mar 2009 8:46pm
I don't live in the north end so i don't know what you're twittering on about smile
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: hammerite metalmaster spray gun - 4th Mar 2009 8:46pm
hmm...claughton village?
Posted By: MissGuided Re: hammerite metalmaster spray gun - 4th Mar 2009 8:48pm
at least you're spamup ming you're own thread lol raftl
Posted By: scoops Re: hammerite metalmaster spray gun - 4th Mar 2009 9:06pm
But as an on topic interruption wink
Why not organise a wiki whip round and share ownership with some of the more mechanically minded members?
Posted By: MissGuided Re: hammerite metalmaster spray gun - 4th Mar 2009 9:13pm
mechanically minded - you mean those who have rusty cogs in their heads? raftl

I could do with a hammerite gun thing to do my railings...
Posted By: scoops Re: hammerite metalmaster spray gun - 4th Mar 2009 9:27pm
See that's 2 of you wanting to paint railings. The price just dropped to £25 each wink
Posted By: Jamie_LFC Re: hammerite metalmaster spray gun - 4th Mar 2009 9:49pm
Just say to the people who want it painting you get me a spray gun i paint it smile
Posted By: Wench Re: hammerite metalmaster spray gun - 4th Mar 2009 10:11pm
Would certain members of the forum please refrain from spamming this thread! spamup It simply is not cricket old beans!!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral