Forums
Posted By: Nocturne want Nikon D80 - 8th Dec 2008 4:32am
I want a Nikon D80 preferably with low actuations ( 1K to 15K ), body alone is fine. Doubtful to find but you never know, maybe someone has ones got a lesser used surplus backup or old unwanted one due to upgrade.

I'm only really interested in the D80, yet would consider D60 even though cannot use some lenses and it's essentially upgraded D40. D80 is closer to D200 but D200 is out of my range so wont bother asking about that. Thanks.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: want Nikon D80 - 8th Dec 2008 8:41am
Doubt it you`ll get one on here mate, i`m after a Canon 450D and have had no luck.

You must be experienced if you want this camera, may i ask how would you compare Canon to Nikon?

(If you`ve experienced Canon before)

smile
Posted By: DavidB Re: want Nikon D80 - 8th Dec 2008 7:17pm
I've got a Nikon D80. Kind of out of my league a bit, haven't a clue how to use it. I have another Nikon which just points and take photos, best cameras ever.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Nocturne Re: want Nikon D80 - 9th Dec 2008 12:47am
I think nikon are similar to canon and both have good and bad points when equivalent models compared side by side. Not that experienced but know more than average and point and shoot doesn't give me flexibility I want that a dslr does. I started on 35mm slrs very young as dad worked in photography all his life but not long made the digital switch.

The 450 is indeed a very similar camera but only significant benefit can see from reading reviews is it's cheaper, there are other pros and cons on each but most are not major. There are a few things which make me like the d80 in particular over others like pentaprism not pentamirror, takes pretty much most nikon lenses, I like the weight and feel compared to canon and others which is important. A lot is personal preference and looking at friends nikons convinces me that thats for me (but not everyone). I know someone with a D3, I'd love one but it's too steep a curve even if I had the cash and to get a £2500 camera for a hobby is a bit crazy.
Posted By: DavidB Re: want Nikon D80 - 9th Dec 2008 1:10am
When I say 'points and takes photos', I mean 1 out of 100 actually come out with the correct level of light etc. Sometimes with the D80 I get good photos, but sometimes I don't. The manual for both cameras is about 150 pages long.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral