Forums
Posted By: SoundLad Wanted: Realistic DX-394 - 23rd Jan 2008 2:07am
Doubt anyone would have one but can only ask.. Reason i want one is i want to persue an old, old hobby of mine and basically get back into radio and follow my Great Uncles footsteps cause thanks to him he got me into to all this hehe.. Picture of it below.

[Linked Image]

Give me a price and i'll see if i can sort something out with you.. smile
Posted By: Waddi Re: Wanted: Realistic DX-394 - 23rd Jan 2008 8:08pm
I'll ask my Dad to ask at his club for ya Mate.
Posted By: Waddi Re: Wanted: Realistic DX-394 - 23rd Jan 2008 8:10pm
Does it have to be a Realistic DX-394, or can it be a similar radio with the same functions and features?
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Wanted: Realistic DX-394 - 23rd Jan 2008 10:00pm
Not really but it has to recieve SSB (USB,LSB,CW,AM,FM) so i can listen to long range communications.. I need a head start so listening to different parts of Amature will get me somewhere hehe! But the reason i asked for a DX-394 is its the first radio brought for me by my Ham Uncle who said its a start ? happy cheers hehe!
Posted By: Waddi Re: Wanted: Realistic DX-394 - 23rd Jan 2008 10:57pm
Ok, I'll get him to ask next time he goes the club, unfortunately it is held weekly and it was tonight.
just makes it more likely to get something suitable if you widen your options.
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Wanted: Realistic DX-394 - 24th Jan 2008 11:21am
tried ebay? seems to be one or two kickin about

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=dx-394
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Wanted: Realistic DX-394 - 24th Jan 2008 11:25am
Not a Fan of ebay.. Had bad experience which has put me off.. £100 lost or stolen cause some dick thought it was funny to do fake auctions. I have little trust in Ebay know a days.
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Wanted: Realistic DX-394 - 24th Jan 2008 11:25am
thanks anyway davey happy
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Wanted: Realistic DX-394 - 24th Jan 2008 12:31pm
aw right, no worries, wot about craigslist? or is it just them sites in general u wont use now?
Posted By: vick1 Re: Wanted: Realistic DX-394 - 17th Feb 2008 11:00am
I'm still kicking myself for not buying one of those when Tandy in Birkenhead shut down years ago. It was in the cabinet for £50 in the morning and had gone within hours when I went back.
Are you in to listening or are you going to move in to amateur radio. I got the B licence in 1990 followed by the A in 94, but you don't need to sit a morse test now!
You can use various data modes, RTTY, AMTOR, PSK31, SSTV etc.
My favourite was "packet", it's like the Internet but via radio!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral