Forums
Posted By: markeee anyone fix car stereo or remote controls ? - 10th Sep 2007 10:59am
ok i have a pioneer deh-p7obt car stereo and the display on the facia is all lined and the remote control for it is very tempramental anyone help or point me in right direction
Posted By: Mark Re: anyone fix car stereo or remote controls ? - 10th Sep 2007 11:07am
Only that you can check the battery in the remote is secure?
Clean the lenses on the transmit and recieve?

My Guess for a start.
Posted By: CustomIce Re: anyone fix car stereo or remote controls ? - 10th Sep 2007 4:09pm
The screen having lines on it is not a good sign mate. Has it had a bad knock? and check the contacts on the back of the removable plate to see if they are dirty, if necessary clean the contacts with vodka and a cotton wool bud, then let it dry properly, and do the same to the ones in the HU itself but make sure its disconected from any power, and don't flood it with spirit - fire hazzard you see wink
Posted By: markeee Re: anyone fix car stereo or remote controls ? - 10th Sep 2007 5:51pm
i am totally useless on these and dont know what i am doing but thanks for the reply guys and will try do as you said, but anyone know anyone local to look ?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: anyone fix car stereo or remote controls ? - 11th Sep 2007 11:02pm
I`d recommend S.S.Radio in mill lane, Wallasey as he has a lot of experience and is cheap, you will also get a garauntee from him smile
Posted By: markeee Re: anyone fix car stereo or remote controls ? - 18th Sep 2007 9:32pm
did try them but would not take on the job
Posted By: markeee Re: anyone fix car stereo or remote controls ? - 5th Oct 2007 12:11pm
thanks for that they want silly money to just look at it, found one online brand new £25 so may go for that thank guys
© Wirral-Wikiwirral