Forums
Posted By: MattLFC Wanted: 3dfx Graphics Accelerator - 7th Dec 2006 2:51am
Just a quick one, been lookin on fleabay, watchin a few auctions, but just incase anyone has one lying around anywhere, I am looking for a 3dfx Voodoo graphics accelerator for its Glide capabilities.

Any of the following will do:

Voodoo 3

Voodoo 4

Voodoo 5
- 6000 (in my dreams lol)

Nothing lower then the Voodoo 3 will do im afraid. If you have anything, lemme know!

Needs to be on the PCI bus unfortunatly, got a 5500 AGP somewhere, so gutted I aint got a AGP slot in the PC its going into.

Hoping to get the 5500 for the FSAA capabilities, so if you have one I will be "very very very" interested...

Thanks guys!
Posted By: corsasportjay Re: Wanted: 3dfx Graphics Accelerator - 8th Dec 2006 2:04pm
hi mate i have lots of pc stuff i dont want if interested i have Tv Card! about 4 seagate 20gb hard drives, and an Geforce4 Nvidia chaintech games card! if interested in anythink let us know thx jay
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Wanted: 3dfx Graphics Accelerator - 8th Dec 2006 7:55pm
Hi matey, Im afraid the graphics card needs to be a 3dfx as its needed for a Glide API based game, which was a 3dfx format, so nobody else had (and it became obsolete after the Voodoo 3/by the time the GeForce256 came to market all them years ago).

Thanks for the offer though, much appreciated!

smile
Posted By: Den Re: Wanted: 3dfx Graphics Accelerator - 11th Dec 2006 9:18pm
i got a orchid banshee lying around somewhere, it the equivalent of a voodoo card but i can't remember which
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Wanted: 3dfx Graphics Accelerator - 12th Dec 2006 6:42pm
3dfx graphics accelerator, i remember them, i had a voodoo 2 attached to an S3 graphics card. they were brill in their day
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Wanted: 3dfx Graphics Accelerator - 12th Dec 2006 10:08pm
Yer the banshee was sort of the Voodoo 2.5, it was originally bought out to compete with the TNT, but then nVidia forced 3dfx into releasing the "Avenger" core GPU (Voodoo3) because they released the TNT2, which kinda delayed both the "Napalm" (Voodoo 4 and 5 VSA 100 and never released VSA101 chips) and ultimately the delay of the "Rampage" core which proved to be one of the nails in the 3dfx coffin.

3dfx days were great, ah Glide was so perfect, and 4x FSAA in 1999 was extraordinary. SLI on the Voodoo2 in 1997 lol! Then again on the Voodoo5.

And to think nVidia and ATi are only just realising the potential of SLi (ATi's feeble attempt at AFR, a similar technology, on the Rage Fury Maxx was just pathetic lmao).

I dunno if the Banshee would be powerful enough for the Glide game I need to play lol, I will have a read on the net and see, the game was developed for the Voodoo3, but with the 4/5 in mind, so it might just about be good enough since the 3 was heavily based on the Banshee core.

Ill get back to you on it hehe! Thanks anywayz matey!

smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Wanted: 3dfx Graphics Accelerator - 18th Jan 2007 6:46pm
Managed to get meself a Voodoo3 2000 on eBay, got delivered today and av clocked it up to 3500 speeds, so now a can play one of me fave games ever, Ultima IX.

Thanks guys! smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral